bowhuntaz1

Feral hogs in Arizona

I'm sure that they are probably not able to keep them contained with in a fenced area - hunting around the ranch might prove to be a great area !

I just got back from Texas,bought some land down there,there are lots of Hogs in the area,I'm no expert,but some looked to be well over 500 pounds.Hope to go back this summer and hunt a few.I would like to set up a Rifle just for Hog hunting,thinking about an AR or something like it,any ideas or suggestions would be great.Just dont want to be under gunned,seen some picks of some Hogs that were flat out scary

I always hear the Texans want everyone to come and help control the herds but the money in their pockets seems to be more of a comcern than the hog population. Just what I've seen. This is something I would like to do sometime. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Do you need a tag to hunt feral pigs here in AZ? Lets say I'm out predator hunting and one pops up. is it legal to just kill the pig, or is tag needed?

I killed that hog helpin my uncle on his javalina hunt. Killed him at 25 yds with a .357 carbine They eat just like hogs from the store

Hey.... I like grass eating cows better! LOL!

Guy brought some hog from texas..... way leaner that a fat slop eating pig. Taste good to me!

JAMES

I hear they taste bad, cause they aren't eating corn or grain out in the wild...kind of like a range cow versus corn fed beef. Can anyone confirm?

Negative. I've had wild boar from CA, and it was some of the best meat I've ever had.