Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

It's game time!

I just couldn't wait to get home from work tonight. I work second shift and I'm not suppose to use the computer for personal use but I can't help looking at cwt every 2 hours during water sampling where I have to enter data on the computer. :unsure: This was a great story and it made my evening pass the time just thinking how exciting this hunt developed for all the hunters. My congratulations to you Josh on two magnificent bucks of a lifetime. My hats off to you Phil for being so generous. It's good to know we have so many good people here on cwt. Thanks Josh for sharing your hunt with us. :)

TJ

Josh,

Congratulations on a couple of extremely fine bucks !!! The story was fantastic, and put a guy right there with you. Very nice of Phil to offer the tag, that is a quality friend indeed. It's funny... I might have shot his little brother while I was down there, only I was quite a few miles from you.

Well, you have some great addtional memories to add to your life story, again.. congratulations to you guys. I bet you can't wait until next year....

by the way, those canyons look like real A$% kickers.

Mike

Congrats Josh!

Great write up and picture sequence.

It can't get much better than what you just did.

Phil told me you killed a nice one, glad I got to see the pics.

I sure appreciated all the wonderful and nice comments from everyone. Thanks to everyone. Sure hope we can find a place to go for next year.

What made this hunt memorable for me is that I got to go on another hunt with my huntin partner Gail and finally got to spend some time in the woods with Tim, Phil and Jim Parker. I know there was a couple other guys that were there when I was but we never got to hunt together. Nice having a group of guys to hunt with that are so selfless and willing to share everything they have too. Sure makes it extra special. Wish the Mrs understood why it is that we do what we do....

Thanks again everyone for your comments.

Josh

Great story and write up Josh, it made me feel as if I was right there... Oh wait, I guess I was there :) Congratulations anyway! I had a great time hunting with everyone down there. Even though I didn't get to put my tag on the type of buck that I was hoping for this will still go down, in my mind, as a great hunt.

Here's a digi-scoped picture of Josh sporting his grong orange layed out prone waiting during our first set up for the eyeguard buck to step out. He must have laid there like this for several hours.

post-25-1264384143_thumb.jpg

Here's the buck that I killed. Josh found this buck and guided me in on the radio right to where he and a doe were bedded in an octillo patch. There weren't a lot of good options for vantage points to shoot from so I had to just get closer and closer until I could finally see him. Then I had to do a little manuvering to get a clear shooting lane through the octillo and brush before I finally turned his lights off at 198 yards. Thanks Josh and maybe by next year I will have learned how to use the self timer on my camera ;)

post-25-1264384653_thumb.jpg

These last two are just a couple decent bucks that I was able to get some digi-scope pictures of. Perhaps in another couple years they'll be the talk of someone's hunting camp!

post-25-1264384844_thumb.jpg

post-25-1264384871_thumb.jpg

Thanks again to everyone for a great hunt in Mexico!!!

Congrats on a succesful hunt Tim! Thanks to all of you for sharing you hunt and stories with us!