Sign in to follow this  
tjhunt2

Tribute to Dad

I sit here tonight second guessing my decission on which hunt I need to put my wife in for, I always put in on the last day of the application deadline, and sad to say that my Dad finally told me tonight he is not going to put in for any hunts except the turkey hunts from now on. He saids he's just getting tired. I guess you could say I'm taking it harder than anyone and feel like part of me has lost an elk partner that has always been there throughout my elk hunts and just can't bare to except it. :( We have had some great hunts and good times together over the years and I can say that I will miss his willingness to get up in the mornings and face the morning cold even at 80 years old. I only hope I can be half the man he has been over the years as my hunting partner and my best friend. He has informed me that he still wants to hunt turkeys and be camp cook so all is not lost. I will ever be thankful towards my Dad for my up bringing and all the fishing and hunting trips he endured with me. I'm sure there are many of you that feel the same way towards a friend or loved one. I guess you could say this is a tribute towards my Dad that I love very much. Thanks Dad! :)

This is dad with his 09 coues deer.

post-1903-1265699339_thumb.jpg

TJ

thats an awesome thing to do, Sounds like you have a lot of memories from a lifetime of hunts with your father. I think we all hope we can still hunt when we're 80 yrs old, that in it self is amazing.

thats an awesome thing to do, Sounds like you have a lot of memories from a lifetime of hunts with your father. I think we all hope we can still hunt when we're 80 yrs old, that in it self is amazing.

Thanks bonecollector. I have been blessed! :)

TJ

Good post. Im sure I feel the same way alot a folks on here do and hope that we can all still be killin coues deer and turkeys like that at 80 years old!!

again good post. good luck on the draw.

-sam

Dang it Tom, you made me go and cry!!! :(

But, yes you are blessed. I hope to have the same with Mark.

Love ya,

Kathi

great post. There is something very special bout the father and son hunts. I pray me and my dad having as many more years together as possible same for you and yours TJ. Enjoy the cooking.

Wow! Like everyone's said, great post. Luckily, you'll still have him around camp (and not just to cook). You'll get to relive all those hunts you've enjoyed with him through stories around the campfire. It's what life's about. Thanks for posting, TJ.

TJ,

Well said my freind!

A hunting partner such as your father, is a freind and companion, that can never be replaced. Hopefully he can still hang out in camp with you and, there will always be those stories and memories of yesteryear, in which you can share while he is still there with you.

I lost my father, a few years ago, who was also my great freind and hunting companion, and hunting without him is just not the same anymore.

Enjoy the good times with family and freinds! :)

I definately know what your feeling TJ, it's been about ten years since my pop's stopped putting in... :( ...Your appreciation and gratitude are evident...I bet your dad is VERY PROUD that his son followed his footstep's and passion for everything outdoors...Being a hunter and outdoors'man defines who you are...and you posting this tribute show's that loud and clear....great post and thank's for sharing with your CW family....Max