THis was a good long weekend. Went to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley. Came back and turned on the computer to find that I was drawn for the OCTOBER RIFLE BULL IN UNIT 8 !!!!!!

THis was a good long weekend. Went to the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley. Came back and turned on the computer to find that I was drawn for the OCTOBER RIFLE BULL IN UNIT 8 !!!!!!

Way to go RR, I wondered how many people would see those new late october hunts, Hope it was like last year and you can catch the tail end of the rut.

Way to go RR, I wondered how many people would see those new late october hunts, Hope it was like last year and you can catch the tail end of the rut.

I was hoping for that very thing as well, decided unit 8 might be the best one because there isn't a cow hunt leading up to it, in fact no hunting in there for over three weeks leading to that hunt, I think it could be some high quality hunting. Having said all that, I struck out, had my non-resident buddy put in for it as well and he drew it with 3 pts, so I guess I will be on that hunt after all. Congrats to all that drew and good luck this fall!

Nothing for me. Antelope is in my near future though with 17 BPs going into this draw. I figure 2-3 years max. Better start e-scouting now. Oh yeah, the wife got a cow tag in 3A/3CE in Oct., so we will have a family trip out of it and God willing some tender elk venison in the freezer. ;)

I had an October rifle cow tag about 4 years ago and the bulls were still vocal. I figure the cows that were not bred will be in second estrus about the time of this October bull hunt, and it will be a fun hunt for 4 days (or less ;) ).

Doug~RR

I got drawn with my buddy who is a virgin hunter for my 2nd choice late cow 5b-south

My other buddy got drawn for his 2nd choice also, a 7e cow...

there is 1 leftover unit 5 antelope rifle tag, how in the heck did that happen,and 4 archery speed goat tags how did that even happen,crazy,anyways nothing for me,but dad got 6a riflr bull and my cousin has a 23 nov. archery bull tag,tough hunt,so atleast i will be in gods country chasing the wapiti,lifes good,good luck shoot straight.

The hopi indians bought one of the ranches up their and the g&f made a deal with them that gave

e them a percentage of the tags if they let people hunt on their land. So all the leftover tags in 5a are the tags given to the Indians that they didn't fill. I got a big goose egg for elk and now have 15 bound points for antelope.

Well with a 14 bonus point average and all residents on our application for elk we still did not draw. Got skunked on antelope as well.

Good luck to all lucky tag holders, should be an awesome year with all of the moisture we've had.

Well with a 14 bonus point average and all residents on our application for elk we still did not draw.

Is your group applying for an early rifle bull hunt?

Well with a 14 bonus point average and all residents on our application for elk we still did not draw.

Is your group applying for an early rifle bull hunt?

Nope, archery bull though and according to the site listed below we should of been drawn. I don't know what to think and I guess it doesn't matter but it sure is getting old.

Draw Odds.

Good luck on your hunt Doug.

Me and a buddy got Unit 23N our first choice for Early rifle Bull! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Only 13 others are gonna be out there with us. Cant wait

:P

Well desertmafia21 I guess I will leave you a couple bulls to chase around. My father-in-law and myself drew the Unit 23 north archery hunt with only 8 points. I never dreamed that we would draw this tag and I still think that the game and fish must of made a mistake somewhere along the process. We also drew tag #'s 4&5 out of 15 which were the first tags drawn in the random (non-bonus point pool) drawing. Anyways, congrats to everyone that drew and to those that didn't don't go suicidal because your turn is coming.

Does anyone know of a good guide service for unit 9? My friend Jeff and I both drew early archery bull tags for unit 9!!!

LOL good one Shorty. I'm sure Jim's wheels are turning now. :lol: :lol: Congrats to you and Jeff on the tags......... Jim how many points do you have now. :P :P :P :P :P

Well my son chris didn't draw but I drew my 4th choice archery cow in 23. 2nd year in a row. I also drew my 18th point for antelope.