killed by a stinkin' "illegal" alien

Casey, Scotty

Take care and take extra ammo. That has to be a tense time (even more than normal) down there.

thanks for all you do

I had a chance to meet the two Krentz Brothers this last summer while i was working down near their ranch. Great guys and it made me sick to hear this news. We talked for a little while and the topic of how dangerous it is down there came up so to hear this news was a little chilling. Prays sent for the family.

This is quoted from that article and pretty much says it all. Pretty pathetic.!

"For many years, the Republicans wanted to keep the border open to fill the country with cheap labor, which benefits business owners by undercutting wages for everyone. The Democrats have sought to keep the border unprotected to bring in millions of potential new voters, which is why that party pays so much lip service to the plight of illegal aliens."

Vote them all out! McCain is culpable, he needs to go, I wouldn't have said that last week. We can only effect Az and hope our voice is heard in other states.

Kent

I hate that this is the same song and dance.

We have good men and women putting their lives on the line, trying to make a living, by protecting our borders. When illegals are caught, so what? They simply get processed, sent back, and they try again. Our system is so screwed up it isn't even funny. As long as the "fine for the crime" is laxed, people will still try to come in illegally, as many times as it takes.

What I hate to see more than anything, is the "new generation" of individuals that are trying now. They have no issues with lying, cheating, and taking advantage of anything and everything that benefits them. No longer do we see the people with high morals and great work ethics that were honest, dependable, and trustworthy.

I see Sheriff Joe parading around on TV pumping his chest as he raids restaurants and businesses where illegals work. Big freaking deal. Impress me by going out to the nightclubs and seedy establishments to get rid of the illegal SCUM first! The ones breaking the law by selling drugs, guns, contraband, stolen cars, kidnapping, and doing as they wish. The ones selling stolen identities and fake social security cards.

We need a BIG change in the system. Now.

I hate that this is the same song and dance.

We have good men and women putting their lives on the line, trying to make a living, by protecting our borders. When illegals are caught, so what? They simply get processed, sent back, and they try again. Our system is so screwed up it isn't even funny. As long as the "fine for the crime" is laxed, people will still try to come in illegally, as many times as it takes.

What I hate to see more than anything, is the "new generation" of individuals that are trying now. They have no issues with lying, cheating, and taking advantage of anything and everything that benefits them. No longer do we see the people with high morals and great work ethics that were honest, dependable, and trustworthy.

I see Sheriff Joe parading around on TV pumping his chest as he raids restaurants and businesses where illegals work. Big freaking deal. Impress me by going out to the nightclubs and seedy establishments to get rid of the illegal SCUM first! The ones breaking the law by selling drugs, guns, contraband, stolen cars, kidnapping, and doing as they wish. The ones selling stolen identities and fake social security cards.

We need a BIG change in the system. Now.

You hit the nail on the head.

redrabbit, i don't know the Krentz's. his cousin is a very close friend. not sure exaxtly where the ranch is.

if you guys recall, a few years ago there was a big push to make all the mohows citizens and give em amnesty and all kindsa stuff and bush was all in favor of it and would have signed it. at first it was a shew in, because dumbocrats and republicans both wanted it. but there was such an uproar in the public with phone calls, emails, talk shows, etc that the guys that introduced the bill didn't even vote for it. they started the whole mess, defended it until the very end, and then for self preservation, i.e. votes, they backed off because they knew they wouldn't ever get re-elected. the guys that introduced it were named mcain and kyle. think about that when you vote. they both act like they are founders of the minute men now and don't want anyone to bring up what they tried to do. remember all that crap when you vote. mcain ain't from Az. he's a carpetbagger that left his paralyzed wife for the floozy daughter of an Az booze gangster that got his bud distributership by going to prison to keep kemper marley outta jail. he did get shot down, he was in the hanoi hilton. but take a good look at his record since then. he's a crappy person. do a little googleing and see what the hensely family is all about. look at what he did to his first wife, that fought tirelessy to get his butt outta the hilton and was then paralyzed in an accident. check out his darling wife. see how many dr's don't have licenses anymore because they provided her with phony prescriptions for pain pills. see how many folks tied to the hensleys and marleys are dead because of car bombs, murders, assasinations, etc. mcain has lined himself up with these kinds of folks. he's more liberal than most dumbocrats. and he's up for re-election this fall. and stuff like Rob Krentz's murder are happening because of really weak support for the law from politicians. you guys inform yourselves. look at who you're really voting for. i ain't all that high on jd, but he ain't mcain. this crap has to stop. it's gonna be hard to win because of such weak enforcement for several decades. but it has to start somewhere. sounds like now is a good time to start. Lark.

I'm getting strung out with posting on different sites, this is a little cut and paste of some I've written.

I've been voicing my opinions elsewhere, I usually don't get into these issues that can boil over on local sites, of course you've seen me do it a little here.

The murder of Mr. Krentz has just blown the lid off, tipped the scales, boiled over, and can be directly related to McCain and his policies.... May he RIP and his family find some justice, Amen.

I'm beyond pissed.

A month ago I would have voted for McCain, I feel deep emotions over his service and sacrifice, I also have been frustrated with his Jeckle and Hyde personality and policy as a Senator. He isn't a Goldwater/Reagan republican as he claims, far from it. The plus is he will beat the Dem challenger and vote straight repub, if nothing else than to stick it to Obama. I felt we couldn't take the chance of JD losing to The Dem with being so close in the Senate, keeping them under 60 votes.

JD upsets me because he was the incumbent of my district for 10 yrs. He lost to Mitchell because he was just another politician with ethical and scandal problems that then couldn't beat the Dem challenger in 2006, in a district that is 60% republican.... 'My' representative is a Dem putting it to me because of JD wasn't working for me, he was looking out for himself... imagine that, he's a (crook) politician.

Now JD is making his mark as a radio conservative... too much the feel of a TV evangelist out to fleece you of your savings. I have a slim hope he has been listening to himself and maybe... maybe will do the right thing... a sliver of hope.

These are my choices for US Senate, I'm ecstatic...

I was going to hold my nose again with McCain, not now. Another bandage will not stop the slow bleeding that is killing our country, we need to just hack the cancer out. We are on life support already and have to totally cleanse our system and not just in AZ.

We must flush the system in all states, we can't say our guy is ok and everyone else must change. None of them are ok and all responsible for where we are at as a nation.

McCain needs to go, Kyle needs to go when it's his turn. We have 5 Dems and 3 repubs as our representatives to congress, they need to go. No exceptions or they will paper cut us to a slow bleeding death.

McCain is culpable in Mr Krentz's demise, I'm going with JD.

McCain, screw him... JD, screw him less...

VOTE THEM ALL OUT!!!

This must be in unit 29, where I hunt every year. Does anyone know where about his ranch is located (E side of the mountains)? Near Horseshoe Canyon? We ran into a nice rancher there last year who was around his age. Terrible news. This makes me so upset. We found an old travel trailer that the illegals were using with cans of refried beans everywhere. They are breaking the law and should be punished, not just given a slap on the wrist. :angry:

The guy is right on the money!

Napalitano was a sorry excuse of a govenor, and now she is nothing but Obama's lapdog!

This country is run by fools!

Don't know if it will get published, but I sent this very long "letter to the editor" earlier today.

Border Security

The slaying of rancher Rob Krentz was a sad but an inevitable incident.

Less than a year ago (June, 2009), three government agency employees -- an officer with the Arizona Game and Fish Department, another Game and Fish employee and an employee with Pima County Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation -- were fired upon by a group of men they encountered while scouting the area for a land access project in southern Arizona. The shots likely came from the gun of a drug smuggler. Thankfully, no one was injured during that incident. But the growing problems along the Mexican border and past incidents such as this will no doubt lead to more of the same.

I and many other hunters often pursue our hobby in the areas along the border. On any given day, we can sit on a high point and watch streams of illegals crossing into the U.S. along numerous well-known corridors during the DAYLIGHT hours. While most are toting backpacks, others are toting large bales of marijuana on their backs. The latter usually have at least one firearm among them. Some even boldly hitch-hike once they reach one of the major roads. Naturally, most of the entry routes are between or skirt the Border Patrol check points. Although some hunters contact the BP via cell phone, the agents too often show up long after the illegals have moved to "safer" ground. In effect, it isn’t too much different than calling 911 to report a mugging or bank robbery; the police usually arrive just in time to take a report.

Not only are the illegals a danger to U.S. citizens such as Rob Krentz, but they are also trashing our pristine landscape and the private ranches down there. It's so bad that a group known as Arizona Hunters Who Care have teamed up with the Arizona Game and Fish Department to clean up the trash annually. The volunteer group hauls out dump-truck loads of plastic bottles, clothing, backpacks, etc. that are left behind.

Border Patrol agents put their lives on the line everyday to apprehend the illegals. Agents are often attacked with thrown rocks or other missiles, but if they retaliate with any force, they get tarred and feathered by the liberals.

Unless there is some deterrent, any call for beefing up border security is the proverbial exercise in futility. Right now, "security" amounts to a revolving door -- get caught, get processed and get deported. A short time later, the deportee makes yet another attempt to get through the farce called "border security." Many illegals have gone through that revolving door numerous times, of course, and I would assume, many were successful at some point. That's why we have 12 to 20 million illegals in the country now.

Making it worse are the do-gooders who place water stations and otherwise AID and ABET the illegal entries. Will they begin taking some responsibility as more U.S citizens are subjected to crimes, including murders, committed by illegals? Maybe it will take the brutal slaying of a family rather than just some old rancher?

Unless breaking our immigration law -- and aiding the crimes -- carries a consequence, more security is meaningless. National Guard troops without live ammunition is certainly not the answer to the problem, and no wall, fence, moat or camera system will stop the influx. Putting a live body every 25 yards along the border to stop the illegals 24/7 might work, but what a waste of good manpower.

So here's a suggestion for Rep. Giffords. When Congress gets back in session she should introduce a bill that makes entering the U.S. illegally into a crime with REAL punishment. Although it would be costly at first, the only way to deter reentry is a stay in a detention facility of three or more months. Each time the same illegal is caught, the punishment increases by one month; first offense carries a three-month sentence, second carries a four-month sentence, etc.

And during that detention, the illegals can work by collecting the trash left all over southern Arizona. That way they will still have money to send home to their families while keeping our landscape as it should be -- clean of trash, decaying toilet paper and human feces.

After word gets out that getting caught will result in spending time in jail every time, perhaps the number of illegal border crosses will eventually drop to a trickle. In fact, I would bet many of the illegals now in Arizona would be packing to head back to Mexico before Sheriff Joe locates them.

Given the current political climate, though, the above has little chance of coming into being. Sadly, the liberals would never make it law. They would prefer to turn all the illegals into citizens, the ultimate vote farming.

So in the coming days, there likely will be more and perhaps worse incidents like the senseless killing of Rob Krentz.

Disclaimer:

No doubt some readers might consider me a bigot, but they would be very, very wrong. I have LEGALLY traveled to and stayed in Mexico at least once a year over the last three decades. My wife and I own two time-shares in Mazatlan, and we have made many lifetime friends among the Mexican people. Once a week I play golf with a Mexican man who came here legally and became a U.S. citizen many years ago.

No, I'm not a bigot, nor am I against anyone coming to this country to find life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. My four grandparents did just that when they immigrated here from Italy in the early 1900s. But see, they did it legally. That is the difference.

Tony Mandile

Glendale, AZ (metro Phx – the “kidnapping capitol” of the country)