killed by a stinkin' "illegal" alien

While I agree that something needs to change. It is diffacult to say how to go about it. Incarceration and manual labor sound sound good but how does the cost get covered? From what I have seen and heard our prisons are better than what they are in so there is still no incentive for them to stay in Mexico. If we want them to stop coming up then we have to stop hiring them and stop giving them benefits, such as free medical treatments and welfare checks, they can even get tax refund checks.I am not sure what the answer is but there needs to be a solution fast. I live about 60 miles strait north of where the shooting took place and am very familiar with the problems that are being caused by the illegals. I see them on our property and around eveywhere and when you call it in Border Patrol or the Sheriff Dept. show hours later. It is not their fault they are understaffed, but that does not make a person feel very safe. I did not know Mr. Krenz but do know his son very well and based on him we have lost a very good person for no good reason.

Folks, if you haven't noticed, we are being overrun....

Its time to stand up for your country and do something!

. When illegals are caught, so what? They simply get processed, sent back, and they try again. Our system is so screwed up it isn't even funny. As long as the "fine for the crime" is laxed, people will still try to come in illegally, as many times as it takes.

That pretty much sums it up. The federal government doesn't seem to want to fix the problem. If they did, the consequences of bringing poison and weapons into our country would amount to something. Nobody wants to step on anybody's toes these days. We have identified a problem and the government just throws money at it instead of buckling down and fixing it. With all the "but it isn't fair to hurt people" attitude in this country, nothing is gonna get done. Until we're ready to use force, this is the way it's going to be. Things are gonna have to get bloody before they get better. Sooner or later the people are gonna have to figure out how bad they want this to stop. I know if that had been my dad, I'd be ready to fight right now, government backing or not.

My prayers for the family.

This makes me sick. The liberals are dooming this country.

Mr. Napolitono refuses to protect our boarders.

Forget the fence, we need to start putting in landmines.

Mark

sigh :o :( :angry:

just put the national guard at the border each one a mile away from the other with couple sniper rifles and assault weapons. they should be able to pick each one of them off w/all there training.

This must be in unit 29, where I hunt every year. Does anyone know where about his ranch is located (E side of the mountains)? Near Horseshoe Canyon? We ran into a nice rancher there last year who was around his age. Terrible news. This makes me so upset. We found an old travel trailer that the illegals were using with cans of refried beans everywhere. They are breaking the law and should be punished, not just given a slap on the wrist. :angry:

I don't know were this happened but the Their ranch is on the SE corner of the mountians. Their ranch HQ was at the mouth of rucker canyon right on the 29 30A units boarder. They have a bunch of land out there and I'm sure they lease some public land to but I suspect that it was somewhere in that general area.

Krentz family releases statement on ranchers death

Posted - 4/1/2010 at 1:58PM

images

Krentz family releases statement on ranchers death

The Krentz family released the following statement regarding the recent shooting death of Robert Krentz on his Southern Arizona ranch.

On March 27th, our Husband, Father, Grandfather, Brother and Uncle was murdered in cold blood by a suspected illegal alien on the Ranch.

This senseless act took the life of a man, a humanitarian, who bore no ill will towards anyone. Rob loved his family instilling in them the importance of honesty, fair dealing and skill managing all aspects of a large 100 year old ranching operation producing food to make our country strong and healthy.

He was known for his concern and kindness helping neighbors, friends and even trespassers on his ranch with compassionate assistance in their time of need.

We hold no malice towards the Mexican people for this senseless act but do hold the political forces in this country and Mexico accountable for what has happened. Their disregard of our repeated pleas and warnings of impending violence towards our community fell on deaf ears shrouded in political correctness. As a result, we have paid the ultimate price for their negligence in credibly securing our Borderlands.

In honor of everything Rob stood for, we ask everyone to work peacefully towards bringing credible law and order to our border and provide Border Patrol and county law enforcement with sufficient financial resources and manpower to stop this invasion of our country.

We urge the President of the United States to step forward and immediately order deployment of the active U.S. military to the Arizona, New Mexico Border.

Thank you for all for honoring Rob. We want the truth known.

Link: http://www.kvoa.com/news/hold-for-now-kren...ases-statement/

From a friend/ neighbor of Mr. Krentz, posted elsewhere.

April 1, 2010

I am angry. I had been operating at a slow simmer for some time now.

Then, last Saturday, while he was working on his ranch, Rob Krentz was murdered in cold blood by an “illegal alien” criminal. He was summarily shot twice in the chest along with his dog. Now I am more than angry.

Rob was a fourth generation rancher in Cochise County, Arizona, just across the line from me in New Mexico. Friends and family, some with hunting hounds and horses, and every kind of law enforcement official we have, went into all-out search mode for his killer, but he had a nearly twenty-hour head start on them by the time they found the body. They followed his tracks to the new, fabulously wonderful, multi-billion dollar and completely ineffective fence at the border, and then into Mexico far enough to be sure he had made it across and was continuing south. They returned to their homes and jobs, sick that they could not catch this killer before he made it back across the border.

I have known Mr. Krentz and his family for many years and consider them friends. We are not close, but have become friends largely because of having common beliefs and issues that arise from living in these huge, arid landscapes. Most of us here have what the general population would consider “conservative” leanings when it comes to politics. We prefer, and have to, take care of ourselves for the most part.

We do not have the option of calling for help in emergencies much of the time, because we do not have phones, radio or cell service when we are out in the landscape or on the isolated roads. When you live here, you have to be prepared to handle your own emergencies. It is expected that may include a snakebite, a car wreck on an isolated stretch of highway, a neighbor with car trouble, that sort of thing. But for the last four years or so, that has included illegals that carry fully automatic weapons. That is a little tougher to prepare for, especially when official response time is one to four hours and the official that does respond is usually alone and only allowed to carry a measly pistol to respond with. Two years ago a Bureau of Land Management fire crew was pulled off the job when the fire they fought flushed 17 illegals out of a canyon and they were all carrying automatic weapons.

Most of us have guns, as did Rob Krentz. His was found in its scabbard on his Polaris Ranger, where they found his body. The illegal that killed him, according to a garbled radio message his brother received, appeared to be hurt and needed help. That bit of acting may explain why Rob did not have his gun out and ready to use. Just the day before Rob had helped Border Patrol officials with a drug bust on his ranch. More than three hundred pounds of marijuana was confiscated. Was the killer one of the thwarted smugglers seeking revenge? We do not know and probably never will.

The official response from politicians was completely predictable. First, they wanted photo ops as they consoled the bereaved family. Then, they wanted to “meet with the locals about issues on the border” – AGAIN. None of them wanted to talk about the appeals they had received for years now from not only Rob and his family, but all of his neighbors as well. We have been telling them that this kind of thing was going to happen. One of Rob’s closest friends arranged a meeting last night in Apache, AZ, at the one-room schoolhouse, and managed to get the responding officials to attend. As the agency heads and congresswoman braved an appearance in front of nearly 350 of Rob’s neighbors, with all of the network news agencies there to capture their concern, they assured us that they would get right on this problem, and even take our concerns and comments back with them to Washington. As if they were doing us a favor. I guess they think they are, since we are not a large enough voting block to matter to their career goals. And, after all, several people were murdered nationwide last Saturday I suppose. And each and every one of them mattered to their people and communities, so why should our very own murder here on the border matter any more than any other?

There is a very good reason it should matter to all of us more than most. It is living, current proof that our nation’s most virulent enemies are now funded by drug money from the cartels that provide for our own citizen’s insatiable appetite for illegal drugs. We, the Americans, are literally funding BOTH SIDES of the wars we find ourselves in. The Taliban and Al Qaeda are funded by drug money (heroin and by-products), and our border wars are funded by cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana purchases. We are even funding the mass murders of thousands of Mexican citizens too! That money helps to destabilize lots of governments south of us. Our own citizens have made multi-billionaires out of the lowest kind of criminal element on the planet. Our nation is the largest consumer of illegal drugs in the world. Our prisons and courts are choked to a dysfunctional near-standstill by the drug-related crimes that swamp our legal system. But drug users insist it is a “victimless” crime.

And our drug users are, in a climate of political correctness, considered VICTIMS of their drug use. Not criminals, not traitors to our country, but incredibly – victims! We are pouring billions of dollars into their rehabilitation and care and upkeep, all the while pouring billions more and many lives of good officers, soldiers and civilians for many, many years now, into the abysmally unsuccessful “War on Drugs”.

One man who spoke last night had the courage to say to the bereaved at the community meeting that if the government could not stop the flow of marijuana across our southern border, perhaps they could at least “consider decriminalizing it” as a substance. He stopped far short of what I think needs to be said.

I think our president should muster the courage and support to announce that the cartels will be dismantled by the legalization of drugs in this country, and that their days are numbered – and HE NEEDS TO MEAN IT. And then, that he hopes the drug users in this country will summarily rid us of their selfish and parasitic selves by having the decency to either die soon of an overdose or stop using altogether.

I am angry because I know this will not happen. I know that this country has become more-than-half populated by people that feel entitled to have all their needs met and their wants provided for by their government. We have become the new nation of “Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you”. [For those of you too young to know, the misquote above is from a landmark statement uttered by John F. Kennedy in his inaugural speech in 1961. It was originally, “Ask not what your country can do for you,’ ask what you can do for your country”.]

I used to think it was a problem of liberal versus conservative, Democrat versus Republican. But now I believe it is we versus us. When we, as individuals or groups, have a choice, we need to do the right thing, not the easy thing. We are not entitled to “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness”- we are only entitled to continually earn it.

Many of the conservatives at the meeting consoled themselves by saying that the murderer will be killed when his bosses to the south learn what he did because they do not like the kind of publicity and problems it causes for them. What problems? If he thought he would be killed in Mexico, why go there?

The most likely way for him to live a long and happy life after the murder would have been to put his hands in the air and turn himself in to one of the many Border Patrol agents, who would be forced to merely arrest him, Mirandize him and keep him safe, and warm and fed, and provide him with a lawyer – or maybe the ACLU would do that for him. Then he would be kept at our expense for years while his multi-million dollar trial was planned. He would likely win at trial because of a technicality. Then, happily, Mr. Murderer would be eligible for citizenship on the basis of needing political asylum since his old boss in Colombia (or wherever) will be out to kill him. Then, he can, also at our expense, move his family up here to America, where he can get free HEALTH CARE and a regular income check.

That is why I am angry. Almost ten years ago a US Attorney asked locals at yet another meeting what to do about the border issues. I commented, “If we did not buy the illegal drugs and labor they are selling, they would not come”. To which he said, and I quote, “We ALL know that. There is nothing we can do about that.”

So, our officials have decided not to enforce the existing laws. The lawmakers have decided to pass laws that are unconstitutional and completely unenforceable.

I am far beyond angry now, because we are at war down here on the border, and the United States is on BOTH sides of the war.

And I am angry at myself for just now writing this letter. I should have done it long ago, before my friend was murdered

Link: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-35821-I...rom-John-McCain

Why the sudden call for tough border enforcement from John McCain?

April 1, 4:55 PDave Gibson

U.S. Senator and open borders lobbyist John McCain

AP

Since last weekend’s murder of Arizona rancher Rob Krentz by an illegal alien, Sen. John McCAin (R-AZ) has been calling for troops to be sent to the U.S./Mexican border “immediately.”

Of course, for McCain, it is an election year, and he is facing a tough primary challenge from conservative J.D. Hayworth.

A brief examination of McCain’s actions over the last several years is enough to show us where his true loyalty lies…and it is not with the American people.

The 2007 Amnesty Bill written by McCain would have merely required illegal aliens to pay a $5,000 fee in order to stay here and gain legal residency. The fact that American citizenship is now valued at roughly the same cost as a 2003 Volkswagen is insulting, the fact that our own Congress and President arrived at that estimation speaks to how little respect our elected representatives have for this nation.

Under McCain's bill, even members of Mexican drug gangs would have received amnesty by simply signing a statement in which they renounced their gang affiliation, the so-called 'background checks' that illegal aliens would have received were only of the 24-hour variety, which reveal very little (if anything), and they would then be given a six-month worker card. Even violent members of MS-13 would be given legal status based on nothing but their promise to become upstanding citizens.

In 2008, Republican Presidential candidate John McCain told the crowd at annual National La Raza Conference: “I don´t want to fail again to achieve comprehensive immigration reform.”

Of course, “comprehensive immigration reform” is nothing more than code for amnesty for illegal aliens.

After the massive illegal alien protests in 2006, in which millions of law -breakers demanded their ‘rights’ and trampled upon American flags, McCain made the following statement: “If such demonstrations continue, I think we will have a bill for the President to sign soon. The more debate, the more demonstrations, the more likely we will prevail.”

John McCain has spent the last quarter-century in Washington D.C., and for many of those years, he has spent his time working on behalf of illegal aliens and the unscrupulous companies which hire them. He has also sat by and watched as thousands of Americans were murdered, raped, and robbed by those same illegal aliens.

Now, six months out from election day, he expects us to believe that he stands for the strong defense of our borders.

To John McCain…you’re too late, we don’t buy it!

krp, Thanks for posting that. It really gets into the meat of this problem. Unfortunately, this is a political problem. But no matter how aware of it our politicians are, they are unwilling to do anything about it. They care more about their own aspirations than any single citizen - and they don't think they can advance their carreers on an agenda that will make formative change WRT illegal immigration from Mexico.

It's a "catch=22" for them and a big old "sh!t sandwich" for us. The problem could be easily solved through a variety of means - force, diplomacy, legislation. But our so-called leaders don't want the problem solved, because for them it is NOT a problem.

That's why its our job to make it their problem. We have to find a way to pressure them into doing what must be done, or they will continue to look the other way. It has to hurt them politically NOT to address this problem or it will only get worse.

McCain simply needs to go, all national politicians also. We can only effect this state but our example and urgings may cause others to do the same. We have to change our government and that can only happen by addressing 535 members of congress and senate. seems like a small enough number to change and replacements should not be that hard to find in 300 million people.

We have 10 of those in this state, vote them all out and be vocal.

Kent

We should DEMAND term limits. The President is limited to two terms, why not everyone else?