Sign in to follow this  
Red Rabbit

Goulds Turkey Photos

After success on my Goulds turkey hunt in southern AZ (see "other big game" forum for story), I went back out to photograph some gobblers. I was able to stalk within 50 yards of this tom as he and his hens fed up a hillside. Taken with Nikon 300mm f/4.

GouldsTurkey2010145.jpg

GouldsTurkey2010148.jpg

GouldsTurkey2010150.jpg

GouldsTurkey2010151.jpg

GouldsTurkey2010160.jpg

Doug~RR

Awesome closeups you cant do a better job showing how beautiful Goulds are. Congrats on your bird as well I enjoyed the writeup and pics

Beautiful pictures Doug. You did an amazing job of capturing the birds' wonderful colors.

Danke. Wish I could have been about 20 yards away to get more feather detail, but I was standing out in the open and did not want to move and spook him. The lighting was really good on his feathers.

Amanda, I hid it in "other big game"

Danke. Wish I could have been about 20 yards away to get more feather detail, but I was standing out in the open and did not want to move and spook him. The lighting was really good on his feathers.

Amanda, I hid it in "other big game"

You know, there is a section for small gamebirds and turkeys :)

Another awesome job Doug. :)

TJ

I almost forgot! ;) Congratulations on your turkey. I couldn't find the story I read the other day so I'm posting my congratulations here. Great story and picks by the way. :)

TJ

That male trogon sure was a colorful fellow with the red/orange breast, white collar and blue/black head. Wonder how many Goulds turkey hunters chase him and his call around looking for that turkey hen?