I agree with you but watch out!! there will be some that disagree and some that will missunderstand your post and......there we'll go again.................

Ernesto C

this is a hunting link, however the issue you are referring is in a section marked Political Discussions. So I would say it is both, but each in its own place.

Hey Bonecollector, I hear what you are saying but this site is set up so that you can view what ever you want to view. If you don't like the political discussions then don't open up that forum. I'm right there with ya, I usually stay away from any politcal discussions and rarely ever go into that forum here.

If you or anyone else sees a political type of thread being discussed in any forum other than in the Political Discussions forum, let the moderators know and we'll get it moved. The different forums with varied topics are there so that you, the user, can choose what he or she wants to read or take part in.

I think that the different various topics that can be shared here on this one site are what make it one of the best sites out there. It's nice to see Elk hunting stories, fishing stories, bird hunting stories, or even current events regardless if it's political or not and still be rooted around our beloved little Coues deer ;)

Even though I get involved in Politics, I agree with COOSEFAN. The political forum is for "Politics" and it should remain there and not in the the other forum topics.

Regardless of difference's in opinion, or beliefs, we are all still comrades at the end of the day! :)

Hey Bonecollector, I hear what you are saying but this site is set up so that you can view what ever you want to view. If you don't like the political discussions then don't open up that forum. I'm right there with ya, I usually stay away from any politcal discussions and rarely ever go into that forum here.

If you or anyone else sees a political type of thread being discussed in any forum other than in the Political Discussions forum, let the moderators know and we'll get it moved. The different forums with varied topics are there so that you, the user, can choose what he or she wants to read or take part in.

I think that the different various topics that can be shared here on this one site are what make it one of the best sites out there. It's nice to see Elk hunting stories, fishing stories, bird hunting stories, or even current events regardless if it's political or not and still be rooted around our beloved little Coues deer ;)

+1

Politics isn't my favorite either.... but nobody has to read everything on the site. The political forum is there for those that enjoy discussing politics. It was added because many people requested it. If you don't like politics, don't open threads in that forum.

Even though illegal immigration seems like a topic unrelated to hunting, it really does affect hunting in AZ. Just look at the AGFD regulations and their red demarcation zone and warning about problems with illegals in certain southern units. And think of all the hunters who don't hunt the southern units just because they are afraid of the illegal activity. Illegal immigration/drug smuggling is affecting hunters in AZ and seems a very appropriate discussion topic for a hunting site to me.

Just this week my wife asked me to not put in for any southern units until things calm down if they ever do. She hasn't liked me hunting along the border in the past but has accepted my decision with my commitment to be careful and take care of my business. Now she is putting her foot down. I can't tell you how how hard it was for me to accept her wishes, but she is right, as a husband and a father of four, it is simply too dangerous for me to risk. I love hunting down there. I hate that I am not free to do what I want in my own country because the bordering country to the south makes it unsafe. So to me, politics and hunting definitely overlap right now. Sorry to be disagreeable.

Just this week my wife asked me to not put in for any southern units until things calm down if they ever do. She hasn't liked me hunting along the border in the past but has accepted my decision with my commitment to be careful and take care of my business. Now she is putting her foot down. I can't tell you how how hard it was for me to accept her wishes, but she is right, as a husband and a father of four, it is simply too dangerous for me to risk. I love hunting down there. I hate that I am not free to do what I want in my own country because the bordering country to the south makes it unsafe. So to me, politics and hunting definitely overlap right now. Sorry to be disagreeable.

Well said.

Sure there are many forums out there that we can bicker about politics without dragging that trash-can into this forum. That said, a good portion of our state is ground-zero of the illegal immigrant/illegal drug trafficing issue. Just last year I posted on here about doing a pack-in coues hunt in the SW corner of New Mexico. Frankly, I was concerned that I might be putting my life at risk to hunt coues deer.

This issue affects all of us, and it's not just a political topic - it truly is a coues whitetail hunting topic. Some of the best coues deer hunting in our state and neighboring states, is turning into a war zone. We're less worried about how we'll hunt and nourish ourselves than we area about dealing with potential run-ins with armed illegals, whether they are trafficing people or drugs.

Let's keep this debate open, cordial and respectful.

I love this site but im a little confused right now, is it a Hunting forum or a Political forum? I see many many topics on politics right now. We cant turn on the TV without hearing about this issue, cant turn on the radio without hearing about this issue. I know its a real big problem here in AZ that our Federal Gov. needs to step up and do something about it. Agree with the bill or disagree with the bill, this will not fix the immigration problem when it goes into law. IMO. Lets all keep the peace and keep this site great!

The Fall Draw cant be here soon enough!

Happy Hunting. :)

Lets see if I can help with your confusion......

it's a hunting website with a discussion forum. Within the discussion forum there are different topics that can be discussed..... Within your topic there is a political bias..... (it's a real big problem.....it will not fix immigration when it goes into law.....those are political statements... ) if you don't want to read political topics then don't open them and don't make political statements.... but the truth is any statement can be made political (just as I did)....

+1

Politics isn't my favorite either.... but nobody has to read everything on the site. The political forum is there for those that enjoy discussing politics. It was added because many people requested it. If you don't like politics, don't open threads in that forum.

Even though illegal immigration seems like a topic unrelated to hunting, it really does affect hunting in AZ. Just look at the AGFD regulations and their red demarcation zone and warning about problems with illegals in certain southern units. And think of all the hunters who don't hunt the southern units just because they are afraid of the illegal activity. Illegal immigration/drug smuggling is affecting hunters in AZ and seems a very appropriate discussion topic for a hunting site to me.

Well put Amanda.....+2

We probably should move this thread to the political discussion :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hang in there it is just about time to get on with the other draws, I too might consider putting in for a southern unit, but due to the political unrest in the south probably have to do a unit 10 this year....good luck to all in the heated debate of when draw results are going to come out and why haven't they gone back to internet applications and why the LL are they making us use copper bullets, none of which are politically influenced...... :P

Just yankin your chain bone.......I admit I love bantering over the political stuff and feel like I learn from both sides of the issues.....

+1

I love this site but im a little confused right now, is it a Hunting forum or a Political forum? I see many many topics on politics right now. We cant turn on the TV without hearing about this issue, cant turn on the radio without hearing about this issue. I know its a real big problem here in AZ that our Federal Gov. needs to step up and do something about it. Agree with the bill or disagree with the bill, this will not fix the immigration problem when it goes into law. IMO. Lets all keep the peace and keep this site great!

The Fall Draw cant be here soon enough!

Happy Hunting. :)

Um, you kinda defeated everything you said in the first part of your post with that little political tidbit.

OK thanks everybody. This can now be moved to political discussions forum <_< so I went back to work today from being on vacation only to hear all the politics going on. So I quit my job too. :P