Sign in to follow this  
THOR

My Desert Ram

I got lucky when I was 17 and drew a coveted Arizona Desert Sheep tag.

I got drawn in 39W the year it took off....it has gone down a bit since...probably those dang lions.

countless mornings of waking up at 230 to drive 4 hours to scout with my dad....but it was so worth. It is an adiction like coues deer. To watch these animals and see how they can servive in such a tough environment is amazing.

post-2362-1276362665_thumb.jpg

Not too bad of a view

post-2362-1276362691_thumb.jpg

post-2362-1276362703_thumb.jpg

167 4/8 He just missed B&C, but I don't care he is just what I wanted.

post-2362-1276362713_thumb.jpg

That was a fun day, packing out in a down poor. great ending to a tough hunt!

post-2362-1276363003_thumb.jpg

A beautiful mount by Chuck Meachum

Thanks to everyone for the help on this hunt and the scouting trips, and the couple times we didnt bring enough water in 115 degree Gila Bend weather....Thanks most of all to my Dad, no way I could have done it with out you!

Man that is a heck of a Ram! Great pics! How far a shot? What Caliber of rifle?

Man that is a heck of a Ram! Great pics! How far a shot? What Caliber of rifle?

200 yards....one shot.....300 win mag.

i shot him, he jumped up a rock and then did a nose dive into the rocks. i was scared until i walked up to him noticed his horns were still complete

sweet...he's a brute....thank's for posting the pics and congrat's

Awesome!! That is still a huge RAM!! Maybe not a record holder but still AWESOME!!!!!! ;)

You took a great Ram. Congrats. What year?

December 5, 1997.....so more than ten years

That is one beautiful ram. Thanksd for sharing! I've been putting in for over 35 years and probably will never draw due to the odds getting worse. Cherish your ram forever. :)

TJ

Great ram! Musta felt great being 17 yrs old and to accomplish that. By the way I met you out in the field before, you came around camp after a buddy's dad took a 4x3 coues, you said you were just on the other side of the mtn. Your old name was THOR wasnt it?

Great ram! Musta felt great being 17 yrs old and to accomplish that. By the way I met you out in the field before, you came around camp after a buddy's dad took a 4x3 coues, you said you were just on the other side of the mtn. Your old name was THOR wasnt it?

Yeah I remember that...I missed a nice buck that year, oh well it happens. I was able to spend almost a month down there on different hunts. You guys got some great bucks on that hunt.

It felt great to get that sheep tag, its hard to explane the feeling. Im just glad I got it when i was old enough to understand what I had. I have been on many more sheep hunts since then, none of them mine, but still a fun hunt to be on.

Its truly something you will never forget and will charish forever.