Sign in to follow this  
rtkemp

Coues Gender Identification

With the bucks dropping their racks, how do you tell bucks from does from their feet or legs?

I see pics with deer feeding with their butts towards the camera and can't tell.

Any insight would be appreciated.

post em up so we can take a look........................ :lol:

They should look something like this if it is a big coues. Meet Scar Face

ScarFacefix.jpg

Dang Clay I'm gonna have to get me one of them blue screens so i can put my deer where ever I want. Pretty soon were gonna have coues livin in the sand dunes or on the moon :blink:

They should look something like this if it is a big coues. Meet Scar Face

ScarFacefix.jpg

Is that buck out in the middle of the water? Floating in the sky? Is that what people mean when they say they are chasing the big buck in the sky? What is all that blue? Ha ha nice buck there willhunt4coues :rolleyes: :P :lol: :P

hello - easy to know why he BLUED it all out - just in case any of those 6 other trail cams that are set-up in that creek bottom - they wouldn't rsay hey I know that spot!!- Gary

hello - easy to know why he BLUED it all out - just in case any of those 6 other trail cams that are set-up in that creek bottom - they wouldn't rsay hey I know that spot!!- Gary

HAHA you are funny man Gary :D

you guys do know there are ways other than antlers to tell a buck from a doe, don't ya? Lark.

Really.. :P ..... like how? please do explain? :lol:

you guys do know there are ways other than antlers to tell a buck from a doe, don't ya? Lark.

Really.. :P ..... like how? please do explain? :lol:

Yes, do explain. That was the reason I made the topic. I'm all for fun and games, but some legitamate help would be great.

Thanks

It is pretty tough. You can usually make out the difference from their tracks, but not always. A doe has slightly wider hips for birthing, so when their back foot steps on the track of the front foot it is slightly outside where a buck is centered or slightly inside because they tend to have a wider chest & narrower hips. On a really good buck you can sometimes see all 4 tracks as their body length is long enough they don't step on the front track with the back foot. But just looking at legs in a pic - go fish....

I never knew wingshooting Coues was a possibility. I've shot all of mine on the ground. Guess I'm just a meat hunter after all!

EBB

the thing i was talkin' about is between their hind legs. Lark.

Could see that coming miles and miles away :lol: :lol:

Big tracks big bucks, little tracks little buck.

We just retrieved pics from a trail cam, we thought we had a slew of doe in there, but when we zoomed in could see the pedicles and little bumps of new growth.

Sorry, can't help you much on the legs and feet notion of telling a buck from a doe but I am sure somebody out there has some legitimate help for ya,

Good luck.

I can't resisit........my wifes legs are nice and smooth.....my legs have this coarse hair all over them. :(