jeffro

Long Range Rifle pics

There hasnt been much going on in the long range shooting forums. Lets see some of those long range rifles. I will get it started.

REM700 - 7mmRM

DSC03183-1.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

Rem700 chambered in 300RUM shooting 180AB

VanHorn Break, Timney trigger, 6-18x50 swaro TDS

Talley one piece rings, Haris bipod and some stock work

My buddy Scott with my gun on the longest shot of the season.

IMG00108-20091027-1055.jpg

Rem 700 action in 300 ultra

28" Schneider Barrel

Hi tech specialties stock

2" custom brake

Leopold 6.5-20 VXIII with turrets

Lots of custom action work etc...

210 gr VLD at 3175 fps

Lets here some specs on these rifles, especially overall weight! I am just starting to build mine and will post as I go. Starting out with Remington model 700 action 7mm mag. I bought a Jewel trigger and have a Shilen barrerl on order. My goal is to make a long range shooter that is still a reasonable weight. I have not fullly decided on a stock yet but it will either be a HS precision or a Mcmillian. I also plan to coat the metal with a cool looking coating, undecided on that as of now. Feel free to throw out your opinion on this project. And let see some more custom builds.

Rharris

Stevens Model 200 30-06 3-9x40 Bushnell scope weighs about 7-9lbs. . Sweet rifle!! ;)

post-4354-1279249697_thumb.jpg

This rifle has been posted a few times, and I am sure people are tired of seeing it but I like showing it off. Love it!

The Chupacabra

.257 wby mag Zeiss 4.5-14x44 with turrets.

An International threat

AFRICA2010213.jpg

Also a long range demostic threat:

deertday2008041.jpg

001-3.jpg

Went out this weekend and tried out the new 10" gong my buddy built for me.

Unbelievable .......3/8 plate metal at 500 yards and the berger 210's melted right thru.......I could stick my index finger right thru the holes. The plate was convex afterwards also.....Brakney built Remington in 300wm top off with an Mark 4- 4.5 to 14

Load = 210 berger vld hunting/Nosler brass/rl22/and fed match 215 primer 2775 fts at muzzle definitely an accurate load

There hasnt been much going on in the long range shooting forums. Lets see some of those long range rifles. I will get it started.

REM700 - 7mmRM

DSC03183-1.jpg

What kind of stock is that?

Its a stock that I made by sanding down an ADL. Inletting it for BDL bottom metal, and covering it with fiberglass. I did a little remodeling to it as well. Its pillar bedded, and works great now. However I will never do this again, as it took about 3 weeks of work. It was way too much work and next time I will just buy a stock. Its nice to have something you made, but it was just to much work.

Grumpy, Nice rifle and group. It looks like the steel your target is made out of is very soft. What type of steel is it? A lot of steel targets are made out of AR500 steel. This steel will with stand hard hitters very well. I learned this the hard way years ago. I took a shot at my nice new target. Nothing moved, so I thought I missed. Went out to the target, and there was a hole melted right through it. I now only shoot that soft steel target with the pistols.

I make my own targets, but here is a site that sells AR500 steel targets.

http://www.bigdogsteel.com/index.html

http://www.lvsteeltargets.com/main.htm