I actually got drawn finally!! I've been putting in for 10 years on and off and it finally happen the only problem is the guy who was going to go with me and had experience in this unit can't go..Nov hunt. With that said anyone have some general areas they can point me in...I was thinking of heading off Fossil creek road and checking out those springs and canyons down it.??? Any help would be great

I hunted this unit once, and scored on a 106inch buck you see in my avatar, and my brother-in-law took a 90 inch buck on the same hunt, both bucks droped within 50 yards of each other and shot seconds apart. Anyway, take the fossil springs road, south from 260 approx. 7.8 miles and you will see a small two track road that leads into hackbarry basin. A great spot to glass all day. That is where we took the bucks. That is the only area I scouted and succeeded in 2008. It was the second hunt in november. Good luck

:rolleyes: I'd bet... I am not the only guy that has learned the unit the hard way, who is Grumbling at this post.... Amazing! Any of you have some GPS cords to give out to every Person who Google's the words "unit 6a" LMAO!! Better yet... I could post pics of my maps with all the really good coues spots I have found, Top to Bottom (litterally) on them with the glassing points maked????

I have a concept for you all... it is called PM or "Personal Message"... a very nice way to help one guy, if you want. Other wise here is a thread I started mocking the exact thing you all are doing....again...Amazing. :o http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...mp;#entry208945

Courtesy Fellas.... you guys ain't the only ones who have ever hunted 6a... or learned about it.. or plan to hunt it again. For the record, I have been to every place mentioned... but rarely hunt them... so my rant is more in support of the guys that do hunt there often. <_<

WISE UP! ;)

Well put Coues n Sheep half the fun is the scouting anyway just go to the game and fish website they can tell you where to go.

Hey Gino! That would be great if you could go ahead and PM those maps your have.

" I could post pics of my maps with all the really good coues spots I have found, Top to Bottom (litterally) on them with the glassing points maked????"

TJ

I suppose there will be a mass slaughter of 100" whitetail bucks from Hackberry canyon because Buglethemin decided to mention it here. Come on man, not every one gets to "live the dream" and be so close to great hunting. I think Hackberry canyon as well as the rest of 6a will somehow recover from the inevitable slaughter this post will cause. Sorry but there are no more "secret spots" In 6a or anywhere for that matter. :rolleyes:

I feel ya Gino and couldn't agree more. Just like you said there is a reason for PM's. ;)

I agree with Gino 100%. Let's all use the PM technology a little more often. C-Mon Guy.

I have sent PM'S and I hope they work for the new hunters. If anybody wants to know about 6A send me a "PM" I will gladley send you to good hunting. No Guide needed here.

Thanks guys... and to those who don't 'get it".... you never will so don't sweat it.... Forest Gump has a line for you! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't hunt that unit much for this very reason.... so have fun in 'the Basin' this year ya'll!! :lol: :lol: :lol: