Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

Archery 101

Monday August 23rd I began my hunting adventure. I was excited I had purchased my range snap(from coueswhitail store of course) for my range finder, now my range finder would always be with me! It seems I always leave that sucker in camp or the truck, but not this year ! Monday was uneventful does and more does. Tuesday evening I had my range finder attached to my bino strap, well I decided to take them off for awhile, since I had them on all day and I was tired of wearing them.... MISTAKE, big mistake... about thirty minutes later a Big 3x3 is in front of me Standing broadside, I reach for my range finder, but OH NO.... No range finder thats ok , I say to my self hes about 60 yards out, I put my 60 yd pin on him and watch the arrow sail harmlessly over his back!!!!! After the shot I get my range finder which is still attached to my bino strap, and range the tree right in front of where he was....45 yards... I suck at guessing yardage!!! Range snap is staying with me from now on. Friday rolls around I spot a Little forkie bedded, I Range him Cuz I got my range finder! 51 Yards, I put my 50 pin behind his front shoulder and the rest is history, he jumps and runs about 30 yards and drops! Now the broadhead part of the story... Those Slick tricks are awesome!!!! I'm a slick trick man now!!! Used them on my Javelina this year too! As for the Lesson Learned Never, I mean Never ever leave home without your Range snap!!! ;) Just got home last night spent the past few days in pursuit of the ever elusive Turkey!!!! Going back up again monday to arrow a turkey!!!!

post-940-1283466356_thumb.jpg

The young buck! Note the Range finder attached to me!!!

post-940-1283466381_thumb.jpg

The exit wound!!!

post-940-1283466401_thumb.jpg

The arrow broke in three pieces, the slick trick is still sharp!!

post-940-1283466327_thumb.jpg

Range Snap never leave home without!!!

I clip my 8x32's on the left side of a bino harness and my range finder on the right side. They hang under my armpits out of the way of the bow and are both easily accessed. I put split rings on them for the clips to attach to. Only issue is the release has banged against the rangefinder when I reached for it, blew a couple chances at cow elk that way, got a smaller one that is easy to tuck out of the way now.

Been using Slick Tricks for a few years, they fly like my field points even if my bow is out of tune and do the job when they get there.

Great story - man those Slick Tricks mean business when they connect, don't they? Been tethering my rangefinder to me for years since I spent a couple hours backtracking to find it. I like the Nikon retractable tether - kind of a spring-loaded doohickey but I'll never drop my rangefinder again.

I've been using the RangeSnap attachment for a while now and absolutely love it! I keep mine high on the shoulder strap of my Alaskan Guide bino pouch and it's right where i need it at all times with the least amount of movement!

Great job gettin' it done, Congrats! JIM>

Congratulations on your buck!

I am so glad to hear the Range Snap helped make you successful!! Thanks for the testimonial! It is a great product and I think it's very cool that one of our forum members created it!! Thanks to Christian Williams for sharing it with us!

For those not familiar with the Range Snap, here is the link for more info:

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/range_snap.htm

Love my range snap. Works well with a gps also.

BTW, congratulations on your nice Coues......he will be a tasty one! ;)

That's no Coues! He'll be tasty none the less ;)

Congratulations on your archery kill! He does look tasty. Those slick Tricks do fly great, and are very durable. Very nice write up and story. I also love my Range Snap and NEVER leave for a hunt without it, but then again I am a bit partial ;)

I always get a big smile when I see the pictures and hear the stories of you all with your animals taken while wearing your Range Snaps. Not because it meant a Range Snap sale for me, but because it has helped a hunter and that is the most gratifying aspect about getting the Range Snap out there!

Thank you for your help Amanda!!! :D

I continue to see Jim Mullins out there with his and his clients animals and see him wearing his Range Snap as well, very cool feeling for me!

I sure would love to post some more pictures on my website of the animals you all have taken. If you will let me post any kills taken while wearing your Range Snap please email me at christian@jaciarchery.com

Congratulations once again and a big thanks to all who have purchased (from CWT.com or me directly) and or use the Range Snap.

Christian

Just switched to the SlickTricks this year and love them. They really impressed me on my antelope. Plus, I just put the Range Snap on the Christmas list!