FYI Mercer Ranch is charging a $20 fee for entering his privite property and limiting the amount of hunters to 25. The Oct hunt is all booked up and Nov is filling fast.

I totally understand and support them in thier effort, to many people don't respect others property and destroy what is not thiers, litter, and drive quads everywhere they shouldn't.

If you plan on hunting on Mercer's ranch you better hurry and call them.

Redman

I thought I knew 32 pretty good, where is Mercer ranch at?

:rolleyes:

does the road that goes through his ranch come out on the other side on public land?

I am not sure where his land ends and where the roads ends, but there is public land behind his land. I'm sure what he is doing is legal. I heard that the Tommy Roads will also be locked in a similar manner if past instances happen again.

More D:

Mercer ranchis above Mammoth.

Redman

Is this the ranch that you have to drive through his corral with the mean bulls, and horse? I swear that bull hates my quad and truck. :rolleyes:

they can lock it and you then have to get permision to go through. the charging thing is a bit to far i think. I would call the game and fish on that fist. Besides they can keep it to them selves i would hunt somplace else.

I think the charging thing is a good idea, they are obviously not going to retire on $20 a person, and people respect things more when they pay for them. Plus its a good way to keep track of who goes in and out. I dont know what past instances have inspired this but on the surface it looks better than the old bat that locked up her road that everyone keeps complaining about.

From everything I have read she will let you through too if you pay her, you know to help defend her child molesting son, now for her too with the counterfeit charges, I would not pay one stinking penny to her.

I think if there is access from a different way they can block off one of the roads if they do it on private property. It still doesn't make it right for them to charge though.

From everything I have read she will let you through too if you pay her, you know to help defend her child molesting son, now for her too with the counterfeit charges, I would not pay one stinking penny to her.

Wrong place, Mercer is in Mammoth.

Redman

Redman, I was referring to grizzly's post where he mentioned the old bat, I thought his reference was to the lady in klondyke.

Redman, I was referring to grizzly's post where he mentioned the old bat, I thought his reference was to the lady in klondyke.

my bad

redman

Yes they can gate off public land, and yes they can charge you a trespass fee. Access is a big issue, and the Galiuros is one of the worst. Almost every road going into that mountain range could be closed at a moments notice. The good news is that the Forest Service is going to start looking harder at these issues. That whole Mercer ranch and copper creek area has large copper deposits called "brecerra pipes" Spelling? and this whole area can be mined. I believe the ranch is already owned by a mining company. Lots of patented land already there already that could close things off.