Sign in to follow this  
Weston

2010 buck down

Well, opening morning I left camp at 4 AM and started my hike into some country that ALWAYS holds deer. about 6 30 I get to the first spot I like to glass from and glassed up 11 deer on one hill side but alas only 2 bucks and one was a fork while the other a spike. so I continued hiking. at about 8 30 I had glassed up 4 other small bucks and 3 decent bucks including one fighting with a fork. so I worked my way over the next finger and put up the spotting scope on the fighting bucks. I decided I wanted to take one of the bucks so I started getting my shot ready. about 15 minutes lated the scope was dialed in for the 600 yard shot and off it went. The buck went about 15 yards and piled up I hit him almost in the top of the back and it exited oput his chest right below the two front legs (quartering away hard) the buck he was fighting stayed around for about 30 minutes and didnt know what was up.

Picture004.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

My buck is in the top left corner this is the buck it was fighting

Sounds like a heck of a shot, congrats on a nice buck and nice shot!

Congrats on a great deer. One shot kill from 600 yards is amazing.

Hello Weston. I think I met you last year. I was with the group that managed to tow a trailer up on the Mesa. Congrats on the buck. How is the predator hunting going this year?

Mike

Yup! that was me, Thanks! Predator hunting is going well but slow I'm only at about 10 dogs so far this year but just started hitting it 3 weeks ago so hopefully within a few months I'll get some good bobcats on the ground!