Sign in to follow this  
elkhutnaz

Oct Elk hunt

well it started out tough, I had the week off before the hunt and found some nice bulls but nothing like the year before during my son's jr hunt. We scouted hard right up to the hunt and the morning before the opener we got into a bunch of elk, finally! the weather was tough as well fog, rain and hail tried to mess with us. The opener started off with us being fogged in till about 645 and as it lifted we got elk south of us so I bee-lined the direction they were headed with only 4 days to hunt. As I made my way up to a high spot south a got elk to the east, 2 bulls, I glassed them up trying to see if I was going to shoot, the bull was 460 yards our and broadside in the open, another bullwas with him a 6 by broken, so I set up and re-ranged to make sure. I set up and shot, a good whack and the bull humped up and did a 360 and stop in the same spot, whack hit him again face plant into the ground, done 725am, Well we hunted hard saturday in the mud and finally connected on a nice bull for my buddy sunday morning, good hunt overall but tough, not may bulls being taken, thanks Andy

post-1940-1288372143_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1288372156_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1288372168_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1288372178_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1288372189_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1288372201_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1288372215_thumb.jpg

post-1940-1288372230_thumb.jpg

Andy,

Congrats on a couple of nice 6A bulls. You can have the hail; we did not have any in 8, just light rain and fog.

Did you hear much bugling or hear other gunshots that may not have been coues hunters?

Doug~RR

Both very nice bulls, congrats! Great photos too!

very little talking and a couple shots sunday when it cleared off down in some nasty country we were thinking some some boys chasing WT

Looks like a great hunt for you guys. Congratulations!! I was up there with my dad who had a tag. We didn't hear any shooting. I thought the fog and rain made it a bit tougher. We couldn't hunt some areas we wanted because the roads were too bad in the rain. We did see one real nice bull but couldn't get it done. Always fun to get up there and try, though. Again, congrats to you guys.

Dang, thats awesome guys, congrats.