catfish

dad not letting me hunt

let me hunt  

196 members have voted

1. 1. please

• yes go be a kid
    • nope go to school get an a
    • i dont care

Ok I think school and grades are important. I am a Father of four kids. They all have to keep good grades to play ball and dance. They have to have good grades to go play with friends and kids in or neighborhood. BUT grades would never keep them out of the woods with me. I have lots o things to teach my kids as well. I think a fathers time with his children is to important. It will not Be long before your father wishes you would go hunt with him and you would rather go with friends. I side with you on this one kid, but get that grade up for your dad anyways. Pay him back with the respect he deserves. The best way to honor your folks is to be better then they were.

You have to work hard to play hard. Not just in school but when you finish and eventually start your career.

Get your grades up, that's a part of being a kid ;)

An education ALWAYS comes first. Don't be so hard on your dad he just wants the best for you and if that means taking away the things you love then by god he has all rights to do it. Think of it this way if you get bad grades you get a bad job which in tells you get crappy hunting gear. Now you get good grades and a great job you can go hunting in Alaska or where ever you want. I did not do so well in school but I did land me a decient job but man it does take a long time for me to buy something nice. Heck we live pay check to pay check. Trust me bud school only lasts so long but after it is done you have the rest of your life to hunt. Stay possitive and get thise good grades so you can play.

It amazed me when I was a kid, my dad took away my motorcycle because I had a failing grade (D). I loved to hunt and ride my motorcycles. He said I had until the next report card to get it up or I wouldn't get to go hunting either.

To my amazement, I made the honor role!

I've always told my kids this. Hunting is a benefit in life for succeeding in your job. Right now your job is school. If I fail at my job, I don't get to go hunting. If you fail at school you don't get to go hunting.

I told them I expect a B average to get their hunting or drivers lic. If it was to fall below that, they had until the next grade to get it back up or if they are having problems in a subject let us know so we can help. It amazed me that I only had one of the 5 lose their lic, only because they didn't do their homework! Any American kid, unless they are handicapped, should be able to do this with a little effort and some a lot of effort.

Good luck kid, expect more from yourself, you can be an honor role student too!

SOrry bud, but get your grade(s) up and keep them there....My kids usually do better in the fall just because of hunting season. Do your homework, turn it in, get some extra credit...keep you head in school then you could get your butt in the woods! :)

Kid gets your grade up it’s that simple, When my son is your age and something like this comes up, he WILL show me A’s and B’s or no hunting. My dad was hard noise about school but Ill tell you what I did what ever I wanted because I made it a point to have good grades. It’s your main job that’s it, do it well and go hunting.

Guest super jumbo

You will understand someday that your dad loves you alot, even enough to deny you of something you care about(hunting) in this case. He knows that the good grades will allow you to hunt more overall in the future cause it will help you get a better job ,and you won't have to spend as much time working. In the long run you will be able to hunt more if you do good now early in the game. Still a real bummer though.

You will understand someday that your dad loves you alot, even enough to deny you of something you care about(hunting) in this case. He knows that the good grades will allow you to hunt more overall in the future cause it will help you get a better job ,and you won't have to spend as much time working. In the long run you will be able to hunt more if you do good now early in the game. Still a real bummer though.

+1

Tell your dad thanks. You will be able to hunt a lot more in the future if you get an education and a decent job with some vacation time.

I bet that missing the hunt will be harder on your dad than it will be on you. Your dad wants to take you hunting much more than you want to go hunting! This is tough to understand now, but when you are a dad, you would make the same decision.

If you are flipping burgers for a living, you will not have the time or money to take your kids hunting. Improve your grades, go hunting next year, get a good education and job, and then hunt all you want!

Mark

I know, as a parent, it is very difficult to tell a child they can't go hunting. It is such a special time to spend with your children. But in our house, it has to be A's and B's or no hunting. Just recently, our son got behind on his work and wasn't dilligent on getting it turned in on time. Well, since it didn't bring him below a B, he got to go hunting, but because he wasn't being responsible, he didn't get to get out of school to do it, so only the weekend. I think he learned a good lesson. Parents HAVE to put their foot down to make sure their children grow up with good values.

Do extra credit or whatever it takes to get that grade up and you will be back on track! Your dad obviously cares about you enough to make sure you have a successful future! So I agree, tell him Thank you!

I remember my parents telling me that "youth is wasted on the young", and not knowing what the crap they were talking about. Pretty good example here ;) Get your grades up homeboy. If you get rewarded for being a screw-off, you'll get nowhere in life...

as a parent i have to tell you, with how bad you want this your father has to stick to his guns. breaking on this issue causes serious boundary problems, holding firm, well that causes you to get the good grades. young men have a serious tendancy to lose focus so it's not speaking against you, but if you can grasp that then overcome it and keep your eye on the prize all year long, thats speaks to the character your father is trying to get out of you. make your old man proud! school lasts for such a short while yet you can hunt until your an old man. if you miss deer season get your grades up and go after some quail and predators.

Sorry....school, grades and responsibilites first! Like many have already said, I bet it hurts your Dad more than anything to do it, but I believe he's doing the right thing. Though you may not think now, you'll thank him for it later in life. Hurry and get the grades up and then get out in the woods! You'll feel better about it.