catfish

dad not letting me hunt

let me hunt  

196 members have voted

1. 1. please

• yes go be a kid
    • nope go to school get an a
    • i dont care

my dad wont let me go hunting because i have a bad grade so lets have some like minded people like me... vote on this. let me hunt. please

How bad is the grade? What subject? If my kids get a "failing" grade they are not allowed to do anything but eat and sleep. With the way this world is today, good grades are one of the main things that are not an option, they are a necessity!!! You need to do the best you can do now so you can afford to hunt when you get older. GET YOU GRADES UP and he'll be glad to take you hunting.

if i was in your position i would have to get my grade up. thats the rules in my house. almost didnt get to go on my hunt because of it. but i got them up. but i vote go hunt!!! ;)

:( Sorry bud but I have to agree with your dad! When I was younger it was the same rules with my dad. If I got anything less than a "C" then I couldn't go hunting. Guess what...it was the only thing that worked and kept me in line. You may be upset with your dad now but you will understand, respect and thank him for it later. Its plain and simple, GET YOUR GRADES UP and go hunting! :D

-Tracy

• Like 1

This is your dad's decision and his alone. But since you asked :P One of the many lessons I learned from my Dad many years ago is that there are more important things in life than being able to do the things we love to do. There are responsibilities and chores that need to be placed above those things that are priveledges and luxury to us.

Work hard and do the best you can to get your grades up. Ask for extra credit if you have to. And most importantly, talk to you dad and make sure he knows what you are doing to get there and what you need help with.

Good luck with your schoolwork! I am sure you will be out in the field chasing critters soon!

• Like 1

sounds like ya didn't take his intentions serious - one way to know he wasn't just talkin to hear hisself - no hunting!!! grades gotta come first-

now its time for you to step it up and show him - you can improve your grades

hopefully you'll learn that what he says - he means !

I bet these aren't the responses you were hoping for right???? I drew my first December tag 2 seasons ago and hardly even got to hunt because work was so busy. I have a wife and kids that I have to provide for so hunting had to take a back seat to responsibility. What you learn in your youth is what is going to stick with you for the rest of your life so it's best to make sure you get it figured out when you are young. First we work and then we play, that's the way we spend our day :P

Not to mention, I bet it bothers your dad more than it does you that he has to teach you this lesson. I say that because I have 2 boys who will be able to hunt in the next 6 years or so and I can hardly wait to take them.

And just so you know, that guy Gr8WhiteJr got prettly much all C's LOL, Sorry T :unsure:

My vote is C's or better are a bare minimum to go hunting as a rule of thumb.

I hate it when people dont give me the answer I want! Same as these other guys, that's how I was raised and I know it helped to make me who I am.

"Work than play, that's how we spend our day." I like that one.

Responsibility first - activities second. No hunting, sports, video games, etc. for my son if his grades aren't where they should be. Remeber this, school is going to be the easiest part of your life and getting average grades requires little effort. Take pride and put forth your BEST effort in EVERYTHING you do - even if you don't like what it is. You will become a better MAN for it.

Ever heard of the phrase "this is going to hurt me more than it hurts you"? I guarantee your father feels worse than you do about disciplining you in this manner. However, he is proving his love to you by teaching you important life lessons. Accept this discipline without disrespecting him and show your father what you can accomplish.

FYI - I learned my lesson when I was a kid and my parents took me out of baseball due to a "D" in spanish. I'm now bi-lingual!

• Like 1