Sign in to follow this  
gmcbob

3C Mule Deer Sucess!

Just want to share.....

I was fortunate to fill my tag and take this mulie in 3C.

Spot and stalk, first thing in the morning. Was extremely surprised to see other deer that I didn't know about jump up and run after the shot.

I considered this a 2x2, but am getting different feedback. Maybe it is a regional thing. Do you "count" the eyeguards?

Now I just have to decide shoulder mount, or european.

Bob

DSC001522.jpg

Nice Buck man!!!!!!

Yep a very nice 2X2!!!! You count the eye guards when you score it out in inches. Whitetail on the other hand you do count the eye guards, so if that was a coues it would be the biggest 3x3 i have ever seen ;)

:blink: Holy smokes!!! I would call that a 2x2, a HUGE 2x2! Very nice buck! No way on the european mount, that buck is definitely worthy of a shoulder mount. Congrats on a great muley!

-Tracy

Congrats on the Great Forky! Coues or Mulie that is a 2 pointer in my region :lol: ! I was up there Helping my brother and cousin on that hunt. My brother missed a shot on a nice 4x opening morning. My cousin Did finally get a shot and took a Spike on the last day he could hunt last Monday.

I did see a GMC HD with Utah Plates and a coueswhitetail.com sticker up there. That would'nt have happened to be you was it?

Wow, congrats! That is one sweet muley. And I can say from experience, bucks like that were few and far between in 3c this year. You did very well. You should be proud of that awesome trophy!

I would call it a forked horn or two-pointer. Eyeguards on both mule deer and whitetails are not counted in what has come to be known as "western count." Also, usually, only the best side is considered.

For example, a rack with three tines and an eyeguard on one side and two tines and an eyeguard on the other would be a three by two or a "three-pointer."

"Eastern count," that same buck would be a seven-pointer.

The eastern method also counts every bump "long enough to hang a ring on" as a tine, so if that eastern-count seven-pointer had a one-half-inch bump and a 3/4-inch gnarly thing growing on it, it would be called a nine-pointer. Here, most hunters ignore a bump unless it's a clearly defined tine at least an inch long.

In "western counting" elk, the eyeguards are counted.

Nice deer, Bob. Congratulations.

I cannot remember how many times I've shot an animal (or at an animal) and spooked others I'd not known were there. That's why I smile when I hear people say someplace has little game because they spent all day glassing it and saw very few deer, pigs or whatever.

Bill Quimby

2x2 in my neck of the woods too both muley and whitetail and I noticed a couple of guys used the term forky I thought a forky basically a two point without eye guards there is so many terms people say for points on deer u never really know how big it is until u see a pic pretty interesting a buddy of mine went hunting with me once to 36b and came back to camp saying he got a 5 pointer i said is it big he said big buck i went to help him get it out and it was a little 2x2 with 1 eyeguard about 6 inches wide i just chuckled and said it was a two pointer and he disagreed we argued about that all weekend,pretty funny.

You know maybe it is a regional thing cuz I would call it a fork horn …………. A FREAKIN HUGE FORK HORN…. well done....