Sign in to follow this  
azhunter85

our 2010 coues hunt

well we drew again the same tags we have had for the past three years,the first year we went we had five tags and all tagged out, last year we killed one buck outta five (106 inch) and this year we killed 2 outta five. me and my father had the whole hunt off so we were ready just to relax and have fun but get some meat. we were going to look for good bucks first but were not going to go home empty handed.

my dad was first up, i really wanted him to get a nice buck, but the first day proved to be nothing but hunters every where. the game and fish have almost ruined the quality of some hunts with the amount of permits they out out. i cant prove it but i think with our gps radios we had people following us after my buddy spotted some bucks and the hunt was on until the mountain side that had no one on it unloaded with a hail of gun fire on two of the bucks. right over our heads. anyways me and my father took the high hike up at four in the morning to get awaway from every one and right at first light i spotted his buck. he was bedded at 300 yards and my dad made a great shot and kept the buck bedded for easy retrieval. its his biggest white tail to date so he was happy. thats why he put the burnt charcoal from the tree he shot off on his face, he said he had his game face on after he shot the buck:laugh4:

the next morning we made the hike again and i spotted a nice buck with a couple spikes and i couldnt resist. i said before the hunt all i wanted was a unique stalk and a hard stalk on a nice buck and i would take him. well two hours of stalking i found myself above the buck at fifty yards the only problem is we had lost him in the stalk and the slippery thing got away without being seen. three hours later we found him bedded and put another great stalk on. we did the cliff hanger on the a huge bluff 90 yards above him. when he rose up from his bed i made the shot and it was over. i shot him with a hornady sst bullet and the blood trail in the 25 yards he went was incredible. it was a short but great hunt. aint nothing better then getting outta town with your dad and having a successful hunt that started off bad. we both have bull tags at the same time in november and we cant wait to do it all again. thx and enjoy

whitetail2010029.jpg

whitetail2010024.jpg

whitetail2010033.jpg

whitetail2010016.jpg

whitetail2010019.jpg

whitetail2010038.jpg

whitetail2010045.jpg

Congrats to you and your Dad! Both are nice bucks. Looks like he can keep up with you quite well......... :lol:

aint nothing better then getting outta town with your dad and having a successful hunt that started off bad. we both have bull tags at the same time in november and we cant wait to do it all again

Amen brother, glad you guys had fun and those are some nice bucks. Good luck during elk season, go do it again!

Great job on some nice bucks and congrats on the great hunt with your dad! Thanks for sharing! JIM>

Awesome! Great bucks and to be out there with you dad had to make it extra special. Now I gotta get my dad out there with me! He's 66 and can hike like a madman, just lost his passion for hunting a long time ago - but is one heck of a fly fisherman these days. Gonna have to drag him out for his grandsons' javelina hunts, get the old hunting juices flowing in him again. He's probably forgotten more about hunting than I'll ever know.

Congrats again on a great hunt, and memories that will stay with you forever.

Awesome post!!!!

My dad is just a bit too old to go humping around the hills anymore, but I'll always treasure the good times we had! ;) Of course now, I'm building more great memories with my brood! ;)

Thanks for sharing!

S.

:)