Sign in to follow this  
DUG

Bri gets her 1st javelina

Bri drew a jr. tag for 20B/21. We got to our spot about 8:30 and we (I) started glassing. At our 2nd glassing spot we heard what sounded like a little dog barking. So we listened and then found a javelina running back and forth way below us. It wasn't a dog but a javelina making the noise. We weren't sure if they were catching our wind, so we moved back up top and moved to where the wind wasn't a factor. We finally located them about 170 yards below us. We could not get much closer because the hill was very steep and we didn't want to risk spooking them. Bri finally found them in her scope. After almost pulling the trigger 6 times, one finally stood still. She had also waited for it to stand broadside and not have another one in front or behind. (She paid attention at Hunter Ed.) :lol: Finally after watching these things for 20 minutes she squeezes the trigger and I see it hunch up and walk backwards under a tree and doesn't move. I get a couple landmarks to go by for once we get down there. It went 8 feet from where it was hit. She made a great shot with her BAR .243 and Barnes 85 grain Triple Shocks at about 165 yards. Way to go Bri!!!!!

079.jpg

Her pig had a gash on its snout.

082.jpg

081.jpg

VERY AWESOME!!!! Congrats to Bri!!

BTW, I like the 'auto loaders' for the kids. Though for safety reasons, many folks shy away from them, but with proper supervision it should not matter! ;) The reason I like them for the little ones is the 'kick' factor seems to be less, as the action absorbs a fairly good portion of the shock.

Good for her!

S.

:)

Awesome! That was one heck of a shot. I just love the picture of Bri and the pig. It doesn't get any better than that right there. I don't care what anybody says about the meat it's the best you can eat if prepared properly. Congratulations! :D

TJ

Awesome! That was one heck of a shot. I just love the picture of Bri and the pig. It doesn't get any better than that right there. I don't care what anybody says about the meat it's the best you can eat if prepared properly. Congratulations! :D

TJ

Come on TJ you could never say that with a straight face! The only thing worse than not getting a pig is getting a pig! Congrats to the Huntress!

way to go dad and daughter i am counting the days till mine are old enough

TJ

Come on TJ you could never say that with a straight face! The only thing worse than not getting a pig is getting a pig! Congrats to the Huntress!

:lol: :lol: :lol: you evidently have't tried my javi sausage. ;)

TJ