GRONG

Neat finds while roaming the hills

Now Lark that is a whole other thread. Start one up!

Aren't there feral hogs around Buenos Aires wildlife refuge, were you near there.

I agree, it's probably a wild boar. Take a look at a javelina skull, the canines don't project out as much as the boar's.

Javelina Skull

KP

A friend of mine was archery pig hunting years ago up by table mesa and was sitting on a big rock glassing. He noticed fly's were buzzing below the rock and got quite a surprise when he found a human head . When he called the sherrif they kept saying (you mean a skull). He really got there attention when he said ( no, I mean a fresh head). Long story short it was a guy from back east who had caught his wife with another guy. Killed both of them and spread there part's over a few states. Then he commited suicide.

buckhorn! thats funny as heck!!!! i would have fallen out of the stand laughing!!!! i bet you didnt get an elk that day did you!!! hahaha

was driven down lake mary road here in flag coupld months ago, my buddy was manin the light and he shined it on a old hatchback car with 10 toes up 10 toes down.....

When my wife and I were dating, we went out to the Narrows at Lake Mary to go fishing. Well we are sitting there fishing and this little datsun pulls up(datsun mind you!) Well first they start screaming at one another and then they start screaming with one another. well my wife being the innocent little LDS lass she was says " You better go help her I think he is hurting her really bad!" I said " Honey, rest assured those are not screams of pain." She looks at me and says " What do you mean?, Yes that was the night I had to have the TALK with my girlfriend! :D

Yea <_< , I figured it was some kind of domestic or feral hog, it just sounded cooler being called a pre-historc javalina B) . Funny thing was there were no other bones found just the skull and lower jaw. I have also been instructed from above I can't keep it in the front yard as a yard ornament. Too bad, I thought it looked really good laying by the antlers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey just haul it over to scotts house and put it under his tree with his antlers. <_<

I heard from a AZGF biologist, not a WM, That he had seen feral pigs in 36A. No details though, all he would say was he saw them walking away from an old tank that was not maintained but had water in it. He said that he had not seen water in that tank for quite some time before that. I could only guess it was from the rains. That was the only clue he would give us. As if it helped.

On my first or second Javi hunt we were driving to our drop of point for an afternoon hunt when on the next hill over running away from us not more than 200 yards away we saw about 6-8 HUGE all black pigs, one was dark rusty color like a joung Javie but they were ALL HUGE. Having read about the feral hogs that had been seen in the 36's I just assumed that it was the feral type pigs and not Javies. My Uncle and our Grandfather didn't belive it and chalked it up to Javie fever. My uncle had hunted there for years and never seen any feral pigs. Our grand father had been going there since the 50's to get fire wood and never seen any eaither. I ended up getting my first Javie on that first hunt two days later only about 400 yards away from where I saw the "feral pigs" and I still think that what I saw was WAY BIGGER than my Javie. I ran into a ranch hand two years later and asked him if any of the ranches kept hogs and said no. He looked like he had been working those parts for more than a few years. Who knows.

<_<

Feral Hog may be hunted during other big game seasons, with a valid hunting license and valid big game tag for the season. No bag limit, but scarce. A Special Use Permit is required to hunt coyotes and skunk and may be obtained at headquarters. Permits are available for April and May only. All other plants and animals are protected.

http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/arizo...es/hunting.html

I always like to look for old mining relics while out hunting. Two years ago I was deer hunting near Stanton Octave and found one of my oldest mining claims. It was still in the original tobacco can with no dents, just a little rusty. If you look closely at the document, you can see that it was written in August of 1928. I am going to try and have it restored and try to see if any of this persons family still lives in Arizona. I also found another one behind Fort Grant a couple years ago way up in the pines stuffed inside of an old alka selzer bottle. The date on that one is from 1956. The claim was from the Hoot-Owl mine and the names were Charles D. Stevens and Robert F. Stevens. Anybody know these guys? I have also found some flour cans that are in good shape from the late 20's that only cost 10 cents. David

Img_0291.jpg

Img_0292.jpg

Img_0293.jpg

Img_0296.jpg