bowcrazy

stoen cameras

i was just up scouting some water holes for my upcoming antelope hunt in 19a and there was a ground blind set up on a tank and a camera facing the tank. there is a hunt that is before mine so im hoping to sit this tanks after this hunt is over. i wanted to check the tank for fresh tracks so i did so knowning the camera was going to take pictures of me. I gave the camera a smile and a wave and showed it my lucky antelope shed horn that i picked up and i was on my way. the thought never crossed my mind to take the camera. its a shame people do that.

I vote for posting the pic.

I'd also say, check for their tracks after your camera is taken and take a pic. You may just find that in a few weeks that the thief is hunting your unit at the same time as you...

The few cams I have came across, I have smiled and waived and left alone. I have a cam stolen this year in 23. They took the lock box cables and left me a fu#%ing note thanking me for THEIR new camera. I vote for posting the pics if you think it is obvious that they took them.

IMO who knows, you might get the camera back...

James T.

Post them up. Tell everybody you can't be 100% sure he stole the camera, but it was strange you have a picture of him with your stolen picture in his hands.

This is a picture of the one that was stolen in the northern part of 23. They took everything and left the note.

Post the pictures...

post-3620-0-16043400-1312154275_thumb.jpg

Post the pictures...that way his face is out in public!

Every camera I find thats not locked I remove the sd card and view all the pictures. Then give them the thanks for the help thumbs up or thumbs down if theres nothing good on it.

MY POINT IS BUY A STINKING LOCK FOR THESE THINGS!!!!

Do NOT agree with this. If its not yours dont take it. You think its OK to take their SD card out? And if my car is unlocked do you look for something usefull and give me a thumbs up also. I am guessing your ethics run a different trail than mine. I have only run across a camera once, and they can now attest to my lack of dancing skills, but I bet they got a good laugh. On second thought most criminals use legal loopholes all the time, if its not illegal then go for it! With all the "passion" that this subject has generated if by chance you were borrowing (you didnt metion returning) a card when the owner walked up it could be real bad. Someone will eventually die from these cameras, just a matter of time and temper.

"Especially if it shows them messing with it, then maybe the word would get around and idiots would stop messing with others stuff" you wrote this after saying thats what you do?

Hey bowcrazy,

In the pictures of the guy messing with your cameras, was he carrying a bag of corn?!?! :lol: :huh: :o :lol:

ok here is the deal. Absolutely post the pictures because once the problem is confronted the sooner it will end. Also many people personally know "dirtbag" hunters and could possibly provide you with a name or a number. Honestly I wouldn't be concerned about posting their picture and them seeing it. Or email it to some people you know on here to get some help. I would hate it if one of my cameras were stolen because they are expensive and we work hard for what we have. If you want my email let me know id love to help there is only a couple dirtbags that I know that hunt 23 in august. One more thing if I saw someone open my trail cam and mess with my sd card they would end up flattened real fast. Its not yours so don't mess with it. plus if you take those sd cards and put them in your cam it can reformat it and then he won't be able to see them in his digital cam. Im with Johnny on this one. I don't sift through my neighbors mailbox to see what they got. I don't search through my buddies text messeges when he's not looking to see if any chicks sent him good pictures and then tell him he's on to something...... If you really want to see someones pictures ask them or leave a note.

let me know if I can help

• Like 1

I must have missed something. If the cameras were stolen how did he get pics of the thief? Did he have another camera the thief did not see and it showed him taking the camera off the tree? If not where is the proof?

Bottomline if they want your camera its thiers, no matter what locks and other protection you use these are only deterents!

On public land I will look at any camera I see and wave. Sometimes they are working sometimes they are not. and if I want I will put up my own camera on the same waterhole.

That said I have not used my trail cams since having 1 stolen some years ago.

I recommend not spending alot of money on trail cams, sooner or later you will have some stolen !! Some people have no conscience!

Stoen camera must be a new model :D

Not only did theives steal his camera, they broke into his house and took the "L" key of his computer. :P