Hey everyone. I got my first kill ever and to tip it off it was a bear. And to make it even better it was with a bow at 20 yards. I want to say thanks to everyone ( and you know who you are) who helped me make a dream of mine come true. I'll post the story and pics later

OK, time is up. Where are the pictures and story. By the way, CONGRATULATIONS. :)

yj

Atta Boy!!! Couldn't be prouder. Can wait to see some better pics. Way to put in the time and work.

Carl

Was it a Sow or Boar? What unit? I only ask what unit to see if that unit will close if it was a sow. Geat Job and congrats.

Adam

Ok so I am having trouble uploading the pics. But here is the story. My brother and u went out Friday and sat at two different blinds all day long. Talk about a long day. On our way home he got a blown out tire. I didn't think we were going to be able to ever make it back out there. But as it turns out we were lucky enough to hit it hard on saturday. This time we both sat at a waterhole where we have been getting bears on camera. We waited there for 6 hours and I called and did what I could to bring the bears in. Nothing happened and we both where getting restless. So I told him let's hit the lower ground to hint deer. On our way down I told him to let's stop and try to call one more time just for a couple mins. So we sat in a rock in the open with no cover at all. I called for five mundane heard a nose that I was use to. ( squirrels rustling up the leaves. I turned as my brother says "it a bear." my heart started racing but not so much because I told my brother "hey goahead and you take the shot." so I call her in to about twenty yards. I say about because the range finder wasn't working. So I tell him " twenty yards behind the shoulder... Go" he let's of the shot but to my surprise misses because he was resting his cam on a rock and it threw him off. The bear flinched but was still interested in the call so I said it was my turn. I took am and guessed a twenty yard shot. It was a oneshot kill for me right behind the shoulder. She only went about 60 yards and piled up under a tree within 15 mins. Boy was I happy to get an az bear. she wasn't thee biggest bear out there but for a person new to the sport I'm super happy with my Az Black bear. trophy

Thegrayghost asked me to post the pics for him. Here you go. Congrats E.

post-1809-0-82183700-1314131305_thumb.jpg

post-1809-0-69239700-1314131293_thumb.jpg