1 week hunting+

3 missed shots + (one on the coolest buck ever)

1 speeding ticket +

coming home with a rash =

3rd year in a row of nothing but blown opportunities

Nuff said I need to find a new hobby, archery isnt working maybe I could take up crochet.

Congrats to all the awesome bucks I've seen on here today Good work

Ya other then the ticket sounds like a blast!

I am in the market for a new bow if your giving up on archery, plus could you knit me some XL gloves for my hunt in December since you will be crocheting now. HaHa, regardless we all know any bad day of hunting is still better than a kick to the nads.

Been there, done that!!! I said I quit once too. If it is a part of you, you wont be able to to it. The more you distance yourself, the more your mind will pull you back. Not long and trying to stay away will become more of a problem then the failure you have experience.

Some times nothing works out, but that occasianal time when it does will keep the fire burning inside of you.

Regroup, spend time with friends and family, and be cognisent that you will be back out there.

1 week hunting+

3 missed shots + (one on the coolest buck ever)

1 speeding ticket +

coming home with a rash =

3rd year in a row of nothing but blown opportunities

Nuff said I need to find a new hobby, archery isnt working maybe I could take up crochet.

Congrats to all the awesome bucks I've seen on here today Good work

You have got to be kidding me. :huh: Three missed shots? I wished that's all I ever had. Can't count them all and a little rash ain't nothing like the plate I have in my neck from chasing pigs off the end of a rock. Had complete reconstuction on a rotator cup from a quad rollover scouting elk and then rolled again 2 years ago and couldn't hunt elk opening day because of bruised ribs and a sprained angkle. Wrapped my ribs the next day, wore only one huntin boot, and killed an archery bull.

Now that would be reasons for quiting but what you experienced is what most of us have already been thru so don't give up quite yet. Get back out there because your luck will change with time spent in the field. Not sure what to tell you about the speeding ticket though. :)

TJ

Three missed shots? Most guys pray they will get ONE shot let alone THREE! As far as hunting goes, you must be doing something right being that you had three opportunities in one week. All you need to do now is concentrate more on your shooting and you will be good to go. Be happy you got the opportunity to have your heart pound through your chest three times in one week. After all that is one of the best parts. A miss is extremely disappointing but all it means is that your hunt is not over and you get to go back out and get that rush of the hunt again. If you are like most you might be saying that you quit but in reality you will never quit. You have come so close to sealing the deal, the season is not over yet so get back at it and sooner or later everything will fall into place and it will happen for you. Good luck to you!

-Tracy

I made the biggest blundder in archery history today...blew the shot of my life time on the biggest antelope buck I have ever shot at...for 7 days I have only been hunting him and have been within 75 yards of him at least 20 times and as close as 26 yards all spot and stalk but never was able to get a good shot...but today I had him at 60 yards no idea I was in the country and...I muffed it...big time...still wanna throw up in my mouth a little....I shot a javelina at 60 yards in January for cryin out loud...ugh...but I can't end the season on that note...so I am going back!! Thursday for one more go round...

I made the biggest blundder in archery history today...blew the shot of my life time on the biggest antelope buck I have ever shot at...for 7 days I have only been hunting him and have been within 75 yards of him at least 20 times and as close as 26 yards all spot and stalk but never was able to get a good shot...but today I had him at 60 yards no idea I was in the country and...I muffed it...big time...still wanna throw up in my mouth a little....I shot a javelina at 60 yards in January for cryin out loud...ugh...but I can't end the season on that note...so I am going back!! Thursday for one more go round...

We'll be waiting on the outcome. Good luck! :)

TJ

I've been trying and trying to become a millionaire and to think all I had to do is quit bowhunting. At the risk of sounding too stupid to give up, I could have saved millions on broken/lost arrows, damaged broadheads, several different patterns of camo, binos, tripods, oh crap the list just goes on and on.

Become a millionaire if you want, but you can't hardly put a price on the fun/frustration you'll be giving up.

Good luck on this I hope you get it. Look forward to the story and pics.

I don't think I could ever give up bow hunting. Its way too much fun.