ccran

suggestions on new bow strings

Looking at getting new string and cable for my Alpha Max. The factory Fuse string has been great. Big money people shoot Winners Choice. What do the working folks use and suggest?

Looking at getting new string and cable for my Alpha Max. The factory Fuse string has been great. Big money people shoot Winners Choice. What do the working folks use and suggest?

Yea first post. I've bought a couple of sets of strings for my Rytera X's. Extreme stings is very good. My other set is from Twisted Archery, not good at all. Cable serving is in the wrong spot, string stop serving is to high, it actually hits the string stop at the very bottom of the serving. Had the shoot string into the Chandler shop to get the serving fixed on the shoot string as well. After 30 shots with the twisted set I was getting a bunch of fuzzy's, over 100 on the Extreme strings and still no fuzzy. Here's the site. http://www.extremebowstrings.com/ Custom colors all the way, mild to wild. A set of cables and strings for my Alien X is $70.00. Who's winners choice any way's???

Winners Choice well worth the little few extra dollars. IMO

Bull Basin in Tucson works with a local guy named Byron who builds pretty excellent strings...no peep rotation guaranteed and no questions asked 1 year warranty. Byron takes your bow for a day or two and builds everything custom to your specs. It's not cheap, but neither is the headache of ordering strings online and finding out they don't work for you.

Personally I think the quality on Winner's Choice strings has declined in the last few years. A year or two ago I had a set on a Darton that had the end servings separate pretty rapidly and with axle to axle BH, tiller etc. in spec the peep was doing a 180 every 15 shots or so...it drove me nuts.

I would buy winners choice or go to Jeremy at Chasing a dream. Personally I think supporting Jeremy would be good and I have heard nothing but good things about the strings that he makes.

You won't go wrong getting a set of string/cables from Bull Basin in Tucson. It's worth the drive.

My next set. As I like to try different builders will be John's Customs(you can google him).

I have seen his work and he pays great attention to detail.

I have heard nothing but GOOD about Bull Basin's Tucson location. Will at Gila Outdoors here in town is who I plan to have put the strings on, I just don't know what flavor to choose if you know what I mean. I only want quality that is going to last. I have gotten two years out of the factory Fuse string, and I shoot a lot. Really a lot. With no apparent serious wear and tear. I just know that it is time to change them out. There have been great suggestions and all will be considered.

Bull Basin in Tucson works with a local guy named Byron who builds pretty excellent strings...no peep rotation guaranteed and no questions asked 1 year warranty. Byron takes your bow for a day or two and builds everything custom to your specs. It's not cheap, but neither is the headache of ordering strings online and finding out they don't work for you.

Personally I think the quality on Winner's Choice strings has declined in the last few years. A year or two ago I had a set on a Darton that had the end servings separate pretty rapidly and with axle to axle BH, tiller etc. in spec the peep was doing a 180 every 15 shots or so...it drove me nuts.

You can't go wrong with a custom string from Bull Basin in Tucson. I had them make one up for my X-Force, and no joke, I did not have to reposition one of my 7 pins and the tuning was unchanged. 5 months later, absolutely no peep rotation. A+++ for Bull Basin in Tucson!!