Sign in to follow this  
deserthntr

3 for 3

Figured I would get our stories up. Ill put the pics in order of the stories. Well I drew one more junior tag down south before I turned 18. Because of work and some other things I only had one day to hunt. I decided the first buck I saw would work. Well we met some real nice guys who let us stay in their property and then take us out on there ranch. It was a full moon bright enough to make me put my head in my sleeping bag just to try and get some sleep. So we were glassing bedded deer at first light. At about 800to o'clock glassed a spike and this fork. Got to 410yds and killed killed him with one shot. That last shot :)I clipped his leg with my first and then missed 2ce and then dropped him.

Then this last weekend was my dad and uncles general hunt. Got a BBD text from my dad when I was sitting in English class and ran out to call him. He glassed 4 bucks and put the stalk on them w/o a spotter and lost the bucks. Found one and saw he was nice so he shot him. Ended up being a main frame 3 with a huge cheater coming out of the base of his main beam. Saw a bigger buck nut couldn't get on him.

I was busting tires waiting to get out of work when multiple lovely people pull IP wanting work done 10 min before close.... how nice of them. Bust those vehicles out asap,take a shower, pick my buddy up, then we gas up and pick up some red bull and snacks for dinner. Get to camp about 1030to and sleep till 430. Wake up and go. My buddy and I go to another point to glass other country and my uncle is just on the other side glassing too. I don't glass anything till out of nowhere there is a 110 in my binos! I call my uncle on the radio and get him over there while making a plan of attack for him. There is a perfect finger for him to run down and Geffen set up about 400 yds away. I'm watching this buck and have my buddy keep an eye on my uncle. This buck was wider than his ears and had the longest tines I have personally seen on a coues. I was getting buck fever just watching.

This is about 900 and out of nowhere he quits feeding and walks to the top of the ridge. He looks all around him just on my side of the ridge for 10 min then he tops over to grow bigger for next year. My uncle decides with his bad knees and the distance to the top where we were wasn't enough for him to cross another big canyon to chance seeing this buck again. So I keep glassing the shade and my uncle goes to glass another area. My buddy and I were looking at where my uncle was going and said to each other that that spot looked real good to jump a buck.

Not 2 sec. Later we hear BOOOOOM! I threw my binos over and see a buck walking. Then watch him drop and then hear BOOOOM WHOP! We keep an eye on the buck and watch him not twitch once until my uncle gets there. We head down and bone him out. Then throw him in my pack and I start walking. Thia canyon is now nicknamed "freaking canyon" for how Mich fun it was to pack him out. Was all worth it tho. Can't wait to get back at that big buck

Great Buck !!!

nice!

that is cool!

james

For some reason my.phone won't uploadpics the rest of the pics. Mayne I can email them to someone and they can help me out. But my dads buck that you can see

you had a neck like he was in the rut

That's one crazy looking buck for sure. Congratulations. Way to seal the deal. :)

TJ