Hello. I have a couse hunt in 24a coming up. This is my first couse hunt ever. The question I have is which rifle and grain bullet should I go with? I just came across a .243 I also have a .270 Whatcha think? Thanks

Any thoughts on this Lark?

Being that I am the betting man that I am, I am going to step out on a limb here and say that Lark is going to recommend the 243. :D

The one that is the most accurate ;)

Great advice.....

Most important is the one you are most comfortable and accurate with.....Gun and Load

My 6mm I use 100gr remintons ..I do not go switching around because that is what shoots well from the gun

My 300 win mag I shoot 180 gr I do not switch around again it is what I shoot practice and feel the most comfortable with

I am the same with my Bow ...I practice 100 gr and shoot 100 gr I do not turn the weight up and down... My feelings are Why practice and get set with something if that isn't what you are going to use in real day application ;)

I think you should leave both guns at home there are no deer left in 24a

Yep I shot the last one with my 270 in the October hunt! Sorry

With accuracy and familiarity being equal, the 270 will give you more downrange knockdown energy.

Never go on a hunting trip without a good rifle, and a good backup rifle. Take both of them, or risk being under-prepared...

Work up loads for both and use the one that you shoot the best - take the other one along as a back up in case you drop or damage one - Its always good to have a backup piece! Leave it in your truck or around camp so I can borrow it! :ph34r: