Sign in to follow this  
Corkmaster

22 tag holder

+ 2. Not a real fan at all. I can't believe such a big bad hunter would even consider E scouting. I had a personal run in with him and man am I holding my tongue. Oh well. To each his own. This is just my personal opinion please don't start getting upset if you are friends or think he is a great guy you are entitled to your opinion as well. Either way that is a big feat taking a ram that big with archery equipment.

His story is in the August issue of Bowhunter. That's probably why he didn't post up pics. Magazines don't want photos that have already been all over the internet. Just sayin'

+ 2. Not a real fan at all. I can't believe such a big bad hunter would even consider E scouting. I had a personal run in with him and man am I holding my tongue. Oh well. To each his own. This is just my personal opinion please don't start getting upset if you are friends or think he is a great guy you are entitled to your opinion as well. Either way that is a big feat taking a ram that big with archery equipment.

No reason to hold your tongue, hes not coming back here :D

He could have came back and explained that

Sure he could have. I don't know the man, not justifying his actions. Was just offering a reason to the masses why he didn't post pics.

His story is in the August issue of Bowhunter. That's probably why he didn't post up pics. Magazines don't want photos that have already been all over the internet. Just sayin'

The last two days have just about done me in. Pulling the kids, that are visiting from Colorado, behind my boat on Canyon Lake tuesday and then yesterday spent on the lower salt river has made an old man out of me over night.

Ok, back to the reason I'm quoting muskrat. Half way down the river someone in our group tells me he heard some people, floating beside us, talking about CWT. Come to find out it was Corky who originally started this post. After congratulating him, I was about to ask Corky why he didn't post any pictures on here when one of their guy's yells, "ask Corky why he didn't post any pictures?". He said exactly the reason muskrat said above but added something about money as well. My hearing isn't all that good and there was a little distance between us so I can't exactly quote him. However, there was a lady with them that said she shot a bighorn with her bow as well. My hats off to the both of them for thier accomplishments.

Maybe now, that Corky's story is out in the Augest issue of Bowhunter, we might hear from him along with some pictures. I'm looking forward to reading his story and seeing some pictures. :)

TJ

However, there was a lady with them that said she shot a bighorn with her bow as well. My hats off to the both of them for thier accomplishments.

TJ,

That would be Corky's wife, Cindi. By several minutes, she was the first person -- and woman -- to take the AZ Big Ten with a bow. Her last critter was a Kaibab bison, which she killed on the same day as Brian Hamm who also did the deed with a bow. When Corky killed his sheep with a bow last year in 22, he also completed the Big Ten deal.

Cindi killed her sheep in 15C North, likely the same unit I drew. In fact, somehow Corky found out I drew and called me yesterday from the Bowhunter Happening to let me know he and his dad will be helping me.

Having known and hunted with Corky for about 20 years, I can assure everyone that he doesn't need to do any e-scouting to find game. :rolleyes:

Here's a photo of Cindi with her sheep. The others are the Richardson trophy room, where dozens upon dozens of mounts taken by Corky, his dad, George, Cindi and the three kids reside. These were taken several years back, so there are a lot more now. At one time, George held the P&Y WR for Bison. Now, Corky owns that honor, and the lifesize mount has been added. Son Russell also killed a monster a couple years back.

post-82-0-44577900-1342887638.jpg

post-82-0-03944300-1342888490_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-65638300-1342887636_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-16833900-1342887640_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-98555400-1342887642_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-80523200-1342887644_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-82785600-1342887646_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-45645300-1342887648_thumb.jpg

post-82-0-14836200-1342887650_thumb.jpg

WOW is right! Thank you for posting the pictures Tony. I'm pleased to hear they have volunteered to help on your sheep hunt. I can only imagine how excited you must be. I'm very happy for you and I can't wait to hear about the hunt.

I promise I won't spoil no more surprises. lol

TJ

Wow, that is a very impressive trophy room!

Yeah, it's quite the place. It's a separate building behind Corky's dad's place. Corky lives right next door. There are nooks, crannies and corners that I didn't even post. I'd bet there are at least 30-40 elk mounts and racks alone, and most everything in the place, including most of the African critters, were killed with an arrow.

WOW. That alot of mounts.....most have cost two fortunes!!!!! Greats Pics.

He could have came back and explained that

Yes, exclusivity agreement means you don't post pictures or story. It does not mean you lose all decency and courtesy of not responding, and explaining your reason for seeking advice and rudely refusing to acknowledge.