Sign in to follow this  
mcelkhunter

First Badger

Yesterday a couple of friends and I headed out for some adventure calling and chasing deer. We got out late and after our first stand we didn't call anything in so moved on down the road to a decent deer glassing spot.

We didn't pick up any deer but my buddy glassed up a badger at about 300 yards and after a few warning shots I was able to connect with my 22-250.

When we went to retrieve the badger we found quite a treat in a tree near where he fell.

Never did find a buck but called in a coytoe and bobcat on our next stand. Never got a shot at the coyote though and missed the bobcat.

post-3081-0-60894000-1323725875_thumb.jpg

post-3081-0-33936800-1323726154_thumb.jpg

post-3081-0-46992800-1323726310_thumb.jpg

post-3081-0-67696500-1323726506_thumb.jpg

No way, that big asss snake was still out with as chilly as its been? I sure hope that big old snake died! Helll, hes big enough to make a belt out of... Even for me! and thats big!

I estimate he was about 5 feet and maybe an inch or two. Although it doesn't happen often we decided to let him live another day. He was just too cool in that tree and he gave us lots of warning to stay away. I think he was up there trying to get some sun.

good job on the badger. good night that is a big nasty rattler! big enough for cowboy boots. i wouldn't o' let him live. them things scare me sometimes. Lark.

I wonder if the snake had run into the badger and climbed the tree rather than taking him on?

I thought about that too. I know they eat snakes but didn't know if they went after rattle snakes. Although recalling the honey badger video (I think on youtube) where he took on a cobra dont know why an Az badger can't get after a rattle snake!!

I guarantee that was EXACTLY what that badger was doing. Eating snakes cause he doesn't give a ****... That is cool, you were around Tombstone I take it???

• Like 1

That's awesome! Great job leaving the snake too - they are way to cool to kill just for the heck of it IMO.