Sign in to follow this  
COOSEFAN

First Buck Of The Season

Alright, enough of ya have bugged me about getting a pic posted up, here ya go!

Because of lack of time, you can check out more of a story and pics on my site: http://mullinsmexicohunts.blogspot.com

We had a great first trip, killed 3 bucks with 2 hunters, 103", 110" and 117"!

The border crossings were smooth and uneventful which is always nice! The best part was that we couldn't find a single tick on any of the deer!!! Last year all of our deer were covered in ticks and no matter how much you tried you could never get all the ticks off the capes! The nice fellers at the Nogales crossing said these were the first deer across this season so I'm not sure if we just shot clean deer or if the lack of ticks will be the norm this season. Rumor has it that there was a bad freeze last February in parts of Sonora and the lack of ticks is a result. Not sure if that's true or not, but I'll take it! After losing a few capes to em', I hate those little critters!!!

There's definitely pre-rut going on, smaller bucks are hanging with the does and some breakage was evident on a few bucks already. The biggest bucks we saw were solo or sparring around with other bucks still, and probably the reason for the breakage we saw.

Can't wait for the next trip, it's only gonna get better!!!

My friends aren't into the photo thing so I had the priviledge of showing off this stud!

2011Mex1_2005_edited-2.jpg

All I can say is congratulations, those are some beautiful deer. I do have one SERIOUS correction to make to you online article, 103" IS in fact a giant! ;)

That is just outstanding Jim! I know how hard you have worked to get your Mexico hunts dialed in and it looks this year your hard work is paying off! I would like to thank your wife for putting up with you! Always enjoy hearing your stories and your pics of course! I like it even more when I'm in the pics! Let's go hunting!!!

Very good Jim very good!! And that's only the begining? Can't wait for the rest!! Congratulations on some awesome bucks.

On another note, on the ranch that I normally and have hunted for the last four years; I still haven't found a tick on the capes (knock on wood) I hope stays that way :)

Ernesto C

Very good Jim very good!! And that's only the begining? Can't wait for the rest!! Congratulations on some awesome bucks.

On another note, on the ranch that I normally and have hunted for the last four years; I still haven't found a tick on the capes (knock on wood) I hope stays that way :)

Ernesto C

Thanks for the report Jim! Sure gets the blood pumping for our hunt down there in a few weeks :D