Sign in to follow this  
standman

Two Brothers, Two Bucks

My brother and I had a wonderful last two days of coues hunting. Sunday morning we found a 3x3 plus thumbs (eyeguards) chasing a doe on a short ridge. We eased to within a 100 yards of the deer when they ducked down into a thick draw. We eased to the edge of the draw and decided to tickle horns together to see if he would come out. Just a few seconds later he came walking right to us. I don't know if the rattling brought him in or if he just happened to be coming our way. Anyway, he came walking by me at 25 yards when I took the shot. He only travelled about 60 yards when we saw him fall. Although he's not as big as the one I took last January, he is a trophy in my book.

2a.jpg

After we took care of my deer, that evening, my brother proceed to miss two bigger bucks (20 and 30 yards) due to those pesky treelimbs. Monday morning found ourselves looking over another 3x3 with one thumb, a two point and a doe. We watched the doe go over a short saddle while the two bucks lagged behind. We decide to see if we could intercept the bucks at the saddle. We hurried as fast as we could without making too much noise, finally reaching the saddle. We just made it there as the bucks came through. At 40 yards my brother missed under the 3X3. He just trotted a few steps sniffed the ground and lip curled. Now at 45 yards my brother drilled him. He only travelled 30 yards before going down. He is a real pretty buck with only one eyeguard.

3286114-R1-018-7A1.jpg

Here is a picture where you can see the antlers a little better.

100_0375.jpg

Total in two days hunting we saw 13 bucks, the largest would have scored well over 100. The bucks were chasing does all over the place. Not bad for a two day hunt. Oh yeah we were in unit 31.

Thanks Brian

Edited by standman

Excellent job! Those are great bucks! I should be asking you for help. I'm still hoping to arrow one this Saturday (last day). The closest I have been able to get is 100yds this past Sunday on a 90" 3x3. He was running with about 4 does and 5 other smaller bucks. The does gave me away after making the 1/2 mile stalk. That was the first stalk like that that I have ever done. I sure did learn from it though!

Congrats

Matt

Great job on the bucks guys. My brother has been in Nebraska for the last two years and we have not been able to hunt together. I cant wait to hunt with him and my dad once again. Thanks for the pics and story. It sure has me excited.

Great Job!!! Two for two!!! Nobody could ask for anything else! Two brothers are truly blessed!!

:rolleyes:

Guest Ernesto C

Beatifull....beatifull.... great story great hunt great blessings. Congratulations,God bless you two a lot more.

Ernesto C.

Thanks everyone for the kind replies. It sure was a lot of fun. That was my third coues with bow, and my brother's fifth archery coues in the last six years. Well time for me to get started butchering. Thanks again.

Brian

That is awesome Brian! You & your brother obviously put in the dedication necessary to succeed. Kudos to you both!

S.

:-)

You're killing me!!!!!! That is unreal, I'm so jealous and so happy for you guys at the same time. How 'bout some pics of those other bucks you guys have killed.

Congratulations,

Josh Epperson

Josh, here are some pics of the other bucks we have taken. Some of them are not the biggest bucks in the world, however we're are extremely proud of them. Sorry about some of the picture quality, sometimes we get caught up in the excitement and forget to take good pics.

coues99.jpg

grantdeer.jpg

coues00.jpg

coues01.jpg

couesb01.jpg

couesdeer.jpg

Thanks, Brian

Edited by standman