Sign in to follow this  
Brow tine

First coues with a muzzleloader

This is a pick of my first coues with a muzzleloader or any fire arm for that matter. I glassed him up thur. the 8th. Opening morning came and we only saw some does and smaller bucks. the second morning my son allmost had a shot at a 4x5 coues with his bow,the doe was drinking at tweny yards with the buck coming in when a semi passed on the dirt road. lol tuff luck. My brother,son,and i found the buck from thursday on sunday afternoon. I put a stalk on him and as i came over the hill his 2 does and a fork spoted me. They had me pined,I sat in a stareing match for allmost 5 min. till this buck started moving down twards the does,he had no idea i was there. I shot him at 75 yds. just wanted to say thank u to those who gave me some advice and to all of u who post. it shure gets u excited before the hunt and gives u something to do when ur going stir crazy those couple days leading up to ur departure. thanks again.

post-5974-0-07812800-1325109873_thumb.jpg

post-5974-0-90037000-1325110002_thumb.jpg

And a special thanks to my Brother,Dad,and Son for all the help and making this trip so enjoyable

• Like 1

Congratulations to you on your first muzzy coues.

It's contributions like this that make this site special so thanks for sahring your success. Trust me when I say you are pumping others up too when they read your thread. I don't know if your son will try and go after the buck he had a chance at, if he does, best of luck.

Awesome smoke pole buck! Congrats!

PS watch the muzzle direction in the first picture, dont want that to be your last trophy photo...

I just love seeing families hunting together on here. Congratulations on your buck with the smoke stick. Not only does this site get you pumped up but it's stories like yours that keep us feeling the same way believe me. Thanks for being apart of this great site Amanda has put together. Good luck to your son on trying to close the deal. :)

TJ