Here is something to live by: leave the land better than you first saw it.

That is what we were taught when we took hunter safety class!

Guys, must tell you can't stop reading this thread, is so funny, please tell me that this guys does not exist, he should go back to MARS!!!

Just to put my $0.02 in the guy that's started this post has Diareha of the mouth!

This year in New Mexico the NMDGF had a Dec. rifle hunt for coues deer for the first time. My Uncle, daughter and i unfortunately had to share our beloved hunting ground with four different groups from Arizona, all of whom drove their atvs off the designated road, which is illegal in New Mexico, and left bud and bud light lime cans littered about the area, which as far as I know, is illegal everywhere. And unfortunately my fourteen year old daughter had to bear witness to this desecration of the land we so enjoyed and love. Besides disrespecting the land by leaving their trash lying around these "hunters" spot deer at 800 to 1,000 yards and then "sneak in" to 500 to 700 yards and shoot at unsuspecting game. If this is how you all do it in Arizona you should all be ashamed of your self's, having a spotting scope and an ATV does not make up for a lack of woodsman ship, not to mention basic morals and respect for the land and the game we pursue. People like you are the reason i stopped hunting with a rifle. You give us all a bad reputation. If this is how you act when you are a guest in another state I would hate to see how your home state/forests are treated. Its no wonder why anti-hunting groups despise us all and lump us into one group. I am a traditional bow hunter and take pride in being able to get close to game undetected, I may not "tag out" every year but I love every minute i spend in the woods. Thankfully in New Mexico we ample wilderness areas with no motorized travel allowed which is where I will hunting from now on. I wish you the worst of luck and hope you never draw a tag in New Mexico again.

I apologize if my comment seemed to be knocking all Arizonians, that was not my intention. and i suppose that unsuspecting was the wrong word. If you can't close the gap to less than 700 yards maybe you should look into another past time, might i suggest golf? And shooting at anything, other that a target, at over 30 yards with a bow be it a recurve, longbow or one of those compound arrow firing contraptions with those carbon straws most people are so fond of, in my humble opinion, is just plain wrong. Again i apologize if i offended anyone who holds true to this great sport.

And somehow calling me names proves that your better that me? Who needs to grow up?

Yes 30 yards, do you lack the skills to get closer or do you reek of bud light and gas fumes from your ATV? There is this thing, maybe you have heard of it, its called the wind. No matter what fps your bow shoots the wind has a tendency to push lightweight items, such as the aforementioned carbon straws, off course resulting in a miss at best or a bad hit. Besides that 50 yards or more out and you lose most if not all of the penetration of a lightweight arrow with a light broad head. This is not my opinion but proven fact. Though I don't think that my age has anything to do with it, I am 33 and have been bow hunting for about five years and shooting a recurve for about eight.

• Like 1

Yes 30 yards, do you lack the skills to get closer or do you reek of bud light and gas fumes from your ATV? There is this thing, maybe you have heard of it, its called the wind. No matter what fps your bow shoots the wind has a tendency to push lightweight items, such as the aforementioned carbon straws, off course resulting in a miss at best or a bad hit. Besides that 50 yards or more out and you lose most if not all of the penetration of a lightweight arrow with a light broad head. This is not my opinion but proven fact. Though I don't think that my age has anything to do with it, I am 33 and have been bow hunting for about five years and shooting a recurve for about eight.

Not to poke a hole in your opinion but, Olympic archers in my day used competition long bows shooting at yardages out to 90 meters and scoring close to a perfect score. When I was on the college team it didn't matter if there was wind we still shot! As far as the weight of my arrows, my carbon "straws" weigh 414 grains and have enough kinetic energy to get full penetration of a coues at 80 yards. You should really get to know the type of equipment we "modern" hunters use before you bad mouth it or the abilities we posses. We always try to get as close as we can. I killed my last coues at 45 yards and was at 38 yards with no shot last January. HAVING SAID THAT I BELIEVE IT IS TIME TO END THIS POST AND CALL IT A DAY, WE WILL NEVER AGREE!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry: :( :(

My first Bull I killed with a bow was when i was 16, I shot him at 65 yards with a vortex and PSE and it was a complete pass through! 285 P/Y . My second was at 45 yards and it went through as well and stuck in a tree on the other side of him and died in 80 yards. 356 p/y. i tell people, most of them are not as ignorent as you, that as long as you are confident with what you shoot you are good to go. If you can hit a paper plate out to (X) yards every time then shoot. I can shoot my crazy fast X-Force at 80 lbs with carbon arrows and hit a paper plate everytime out to 110 yards. does that make me a bad hunter....? No, i practice! i know people that can shoot a stick bow out to 60 yards and hit plate every time out to 60 yards! Would that make them less of hunter because they are just that good? no...because they practice! My self and many of my friends have never wounded animal, but you have the B@lls to say we arnt good hunters because we can shoot a bow over 100 yards or a rifle over 700 yards....its called practice....oh yeah PS, I have petted a coues deer that I stalked!

Oh another thing, Im only 30, I hope you stay in New Mexico! The hunting is too good here to waist a tag on you!

Peace I'm out!

Mark

Seriously?? I have been "lurking" on here for quite sometime and decided to speak up with reguard to this topic. What does how many elk you have killed at xxx yards that scored whatever p&y and how many coues deer you have petted have to do with anything? Are we all supposed to be impressed by this? Are you somehow a better hunter if you are capable of shooting game over 700yds and petting coues deer? What is a good hunter? Tradbowhunter has his opinion on what ethical hunting means to HIM. My opinion on ethics doesnt matter to HIM it only matters to ME. If he believes that an ethical bow range is no more than 30yds than so be it. Who cares?? Is he wrong?? Unfortunatley he saw what he saw and unfortunatley there were AZ plates on the vehicles.....so what? Does this mean that everybody from AZ does this? Nope. Does this mean that everybody has to beat their chest and brag about how far away they can shoot stuff and what that stuff scored? Apparently on this site for some people yes. Drives me crazy to see stuff like this. Nobody is better than anybody else and trying to prove that you are better by bragging about what you have killed doesnt make sense to me. I gurantee that if Chuck Adams or Fred Bear commented on this topic they would not be bragging about what their last 3 grizzly bears and 4 moose scored or how far of a shot they took to make thier point.

Seriously?? I have been "lurking" on here for quite sometime and decided to speak up with reguard to this topic. What does how many elk you have killed at xxx yards that scored whatever p&y and how many coues deer you have petted have to do with anything? Are we all supposed to be impressed by this? Are you somehow a better hunter if you are capable of shooting game over 700yds and petting coues deer? What is a good hunter? Tradbowhunter has his opinion on what ethical hunting means to HIM. My opinion on ethics doesnt matter to HIM it only matters to ME. If he believes that an ethical bow range is no more than 30yds than so be it. Who cares?? Is he wrong?? Unfortunatley he saw what he saw and unfortunatley there were AZ plates on the vehicles.....so what? Does this mean that everybody from AZ does this? Nope. Does this mean that everybody has to beat their chest and brag about how far away they can shoot stuff and what that stuff scored? Apparently on this site for some people yes. Drives me crazy to see stuff like this. Nobody is better than anybody else and trying to prove that you are better by bragging about what you have killed doesnt make sense to me. I gurantee that if Chuck Adams or Fred Bear commented on this topic they would not be bragging about what their last 3 grizzly bears and 4 moose scored or how far of a shot they took to make thier point.

What kind of post is this? Trying to be all logical and stuff is not going to get you anywhere on this site! Also trying to take the competition and EGO out of hunting? What are you a communist. You probably voted for Obama. Of coarse my 700 yard rifle shots and my 100 yard bow shots make me better than you and everyone else. heck I don't use turrets or pins like these other sissies. Good ole Kentucky windage proves I am the best.

Now bowhunting is where my superiority shines. No treestand for me. Not only are those tree monkey's, breaking The LAW. They are doing A FEDERAl offense! YOU see even though members of this site hate the govt we do love laws no matter how stupid they are. The saintly FS knows that the scratches and holes those bow primates cause is damaging. Maybe the limb they cut for the shooting lane could sprout the seeds to regrow the 1 million acres lost this summer. It ain't natural. My hats off to FS for solving the treestand problem in unit one. I am relieved that those stand hunters won't be damaging any trees. Heck its illegal. They should be on the ground like me, a real man, hurling arrows at critters "300" style. I'm all about Full Penetration at a great distance even if I lose the animal because well I'm a Man's man.

I can see by your name "hunt4fun" that your priorities are all wrong. In the woods you are probably smiling and stuff not taking hunting really serious. You probably are even happy about taking a non book buck! Really we don't need your kind involved in the serious sport of hunting or on this site. I would say more, but i got to load up my ATV with a 30 pack of BL to go to New Mexico.

Bob

Hmm thats funny. I happen to kill a bull this year at 50 yards. Guess what?, it was a complete pass through. Grow up, you act like you are pre-teen blaming everyone else for bad things you have seen in the past.

BTW, I dont use an atv, I dont drink and I have killed 3 other bulls under 30 yards. We all know the wind pushes an arrow, thanks for that comment.

Hmm thats funny. I happen to kill a bull this year at 50 yards. Guess what?, it was a complete pass through. Grow up, you act like you are pre-teen blaming everyone else for bad things you have seen in the past.

BTW, I dont use an atv, I dont drink and I have killed 3 other bulls under 30 yards. We all know the wind pushes an arrow, thanks for that comment.

+100 I like it buddy!!!!