Yes 30 yards, do you lack the skills to get closer or do you reek of bud light and gas fumes from your ATV? There is this thing, maybe you have heard of it, its called the wind. No matter what fps your bow shoots the wind has a tendency to push lightweight items, such as the aforementioned carbon straws, off course resulting in a miss at best or a bad hit. Besides that 50 yards or more out and you lose most if not all of the penetration of a lightweight arrow with a light broad head. This is not my opinion but proven fact. Though I don't think that my age has anything to do with it, I am 33 and have been bow hunting for about five years and shooting a recurve for about eight.

Five whole years?...Wowsers that almost makes you an expert. So where do you draw the line with being "Traditional" Do you just walk into the hills? Saddle a wild pony...Oh...no saddle? Maybe side saddle? There is an invention called the wheel...perhaps you've heard of it? Rumor has it it makes things faster ;)...Wagon? Truck? Do you use binoculars? Magnifying glass? Any kind of looking glass? Camouflage? al natural? Or just some buckskin beaver? What type of arrows and broad heads do you use? Surely not that store bought Jap crap Right? Turkey or Eagle feathers? Come on we wanna see the arrows you whittled and the heads you chipped or forged. How about the bow you bowyered out of the tree you grew...please post pictures or send a telegraph.... Please! Help us...Or else I am calling shenanigans on this "Traditional" stuff.

• Like 1

Yes 30 yards, do you lack the skills to get closer or do you reek of bud light and gas fumes from your ATV? There is this thing, maybe you have heard of it, its called the wind. No matter what fps your bow shoots the wind has a tendency to push lightweight items, such as the aforementioned carbon straws, off course resulting in a miss at best or a bad hit. Besides that 50 yards or more out and you lose most if not all of the penetration of a lightweight arrow with a light broad head. This is not my opinion but proven fact. Though I don't think that my age has anything to do with it, I am 33 and have been bow hunting for about five years and shooting a recurve for about eight.

Five whole years?...Wowsers that almost makes you an expert. So where do you draw the line with being "Traditional" Do you just walk into the hills? Saddle a wild pony...Oh...no saddle? Maybe side saddle? There is an invention called the wheel...perhaps you've heard of it? Rumor has it it makes things faster ;)...Wagon? Truck? Do you use binoculars? Magnifying glass? Any kind of looking glass? Camouflage? al natural? Or just some buckskin beaver? What type of arrows and broad heads do you use? Surely not that store bought Jap crap Right? Turkey or Eagle feathers? Come on we wanna see the arrows you whittled and the heads you chipped or forged. How about the bow you bowyered out of the tree you grew...please post pictures or send a telegraph.... Please! Help us...Or else I am calling shenanigans on this "Traditional" stuff.

+1......Awesome!

we could always start up a traditional bow huntin' club. call it hunt nekked. alls ya can wear is a weiner gourd. and ya hafta use either a bow and arrows ya either made yourself or stoled from somebody else that made em. i have an official new guinea weiner gourd that i bought at a gunshow a couple years ago. i'll sell it anybody that wants to join up. it even came with a certificate of authenticity. me and my neighbor each bought one. i tried it on, so ya might wanna wash it off some. how 'bout it tradbowboy? wanna join up? i quit usin a recurve 30 years ago and i bet i have killed more stuff with one than you ever will. when i got my first compound i became a regular plague. Lark.

1328058047[/url]' post='292800']

we could always start up a traditional bow huntin' club. call it hunt nekked. alls ya can wear is a weiner gourd. and ya hafta use either a bow and arrows ya either made yourself or stoled from somebody else that made em. i have an official new guinea weiner gourd that i bought at a gunshow a couple years ago. i'll sell it anybody that wants to join up. it even came with a certificate of authenticity. me and my neighbor each bought one. i tried it on, so ya might wanna wash it off some. how 'bout it tradbowboy? wanna join up? i quit usin a recurve 30 years ago and i bet i have killed more stuff with one than you ever will. when i got my first compound i became a regular plague. Lark.

Lark, my dad worked at a mine in New Guinea for a couple years. He brought home some of those gourds and gave them away to family and friends. Quite a uniqu item. By the way, mine is the biggest gourd!

Kinda gives new meaning to the term are you outta your gourd.smile.gif

Trad hunter. Could be worse. We could be shooting guided bullets at deer lol. Take it easy if you take life to serious you are going to be pissed all the time.

http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_america/self-guided-bullet-strikes-target-mile-away-video-132957445.html?orig_host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=us&.lang=en-us

Hate, hate, hate littering of our forests, deserts, etc! BTW, why is it that most of the cans you find littered everywhere are Bud or Bud Light cans? :)

Lark, my dad worked at a mine in New Guinea for a couple years. He brought home some of those gourds and gave them away to family and friends. Quite a uniqu item. By the way, mine is the biggest gourd!

Kinda gives new meaning to the term are you outta your gourd.smile.gif

Yikes! Hate to admit it, but I have one of those gourds too, Pine Donkey! lol

A buddy of mine worked at the big Rio Tinto operation in New Guinea / Indonesia several years ago (He's now CFO for the Kennecott - Bingham Canyon operation in SLC....) and brought it back to me as a 'keep-sake'..... Wonder if it was the same pit your dad worked at?

That is one CRAZY pointed gourd! lol

S.

:)

Bud Light has the best Super Bowl commercials!

This thread is still alive? What happened??? Everyone from stand poacher came over here?

AzP&Y

Bud Light has the best Super Bowl commercials!

This thread is still alive? What happened??? Everyone from stand poacher came over here?

AzP&Y

Yeah, how this thread is still alive and the Gino thread gets nuked is beyond me.

Then again, I don't think any thread should ever be deleted. That's just me though.