i shot my deer last year at 745 yards away...i also know what i am doing. if you want to talk $hit abou AZ hunters...thats pretty messed up. I was up in norther New mexico not to long ago on a public land hunt for Antelope with a muzzaloder and there were guys with NM plates shooting lead across the flats at running goats that we were trying to go after at 300+ yards with Bud Light cans falling out of the truck, none of them followed up on any of there shots. Its too bad that there are people out there like that but dont throw AZ into the group of @ss holes that give the true hunters a bad name.

~

Mark

• Like 1

Interesting I have hunted New Mexico alot! I see more New Mexican drunk drivers and thier beer cans along major forest service roads and highways than any other place I've hunted. Once late at nite came around abend and right in the middle of a forest service road is a upside down blazer I see a little new mexican and his buddy crawl out the window. They were so drunk nothing could have hurt them. I took them back to their camp for help!

As far as 4 wheelers I'm with you on that I hate seeing them off-road where they are not supposed to be. People who do that are slob hunters period! They are ruining it for the good guys that handle a 4-wheeeler properly and according to the law!

There are slob hunters that live in every state but that does not make everybody but you one!

I won't take it personal, I don't own a quad.......

You will run into idiots like that in every state, we've all cussed them at one time or another.

i love quads i just dont have one. I know the rules in NM.

i saw a cool bumpersticker the other day. "Use the quads god gave you"

i got a kick out of that!

Disrespecting the wilderness should be shunned. Im with you on that. I dont think its fair to blame all of us hunters in AZ for a few poor hunters actions. New Nexico........ well you can have it! After all they do blow that place up for a reason.

• Like 1

Come on Amanda u know u want to chime in lol. Always someone starting a fire isn't there !

You had my complete respect right up until the point you made about spotting deer at 800-1000 yards and sneaking to 500-700 yards for a shot at the unsuspecting deer. Or something along those lines.

I agree with you 100% on the trash and driving in the wilderness. I hate it as much or more than you do or the next guy. It is not right nor fair. Hopefully you were able to get the SOB's info and get them reported. That said, don't take this out on all AZ hunters. Just remember when you point the finger at someone else, there are 4 more, well you get the idea.

As far as being the hunting ethics police in regards to hunting styles and techniques, you will get ran out of here and in a hurry. This isnt AZ versus NM (or vice versa) and this sure as heck is not open for how far we should or should not be shooting coues bucks. Take that crap somewhere else.

Congrats on the tag.

M

The last time I hunted New Mexico, I respected the land, and left no trace. That is more than I can say about the camps I saw with New Mexico plates.

Moral of the story? Don't stereotype.

Wow just wow....I would have thought twice before posting something like that. Everyone I know hunts respectively and picks up after themselves. Sorry for your bad experience.

i saw a t shirt. it said "new mexico, just like the old one". when you're eastern Az and it's windy, it ain't the wind blowin', it new mex suckin'. if they ever give the earth an enema they'll stick the hose in new mex. i got a million of em. yeah, we all chunk trash everwhere, tear things up with quads and are too stupid to know that auctionin' off all our tags is good for us. Lark.

:lol: That's good stuff. When I grow up, I wanna be just like you!

Welcome to public land hunting sir. All you can do is pick up cans when you find them, and try to get up earlier and go in farther than the knuckleheads.

And I am completely against shooting at unsuspecting game also. A quick "look out!!!" before I shoot is the norm for me, and I find it really levels the playing field. Good on you for being against the whole "being sneaky" thing also. That's for rookies.

LOL!!

While I do indeed expect hunters to follow the law and not drive quads off road or leave trash at campsites, I certainly see it all the time and it's very dissapointing. This post raises the issue and I am glad to see that but blaming all AZ hunters? really?

I pretty much always come home with more trash than I started with because it's my opinion that I should leave a place in better condition than I found it whenever possible. I hope a lot of you do the same because we can't completely control what others do but instead can control what we do to help the situation.

• Like 1

I usually end up with trash in my daypack that I pickup when hiking. Soda cans, fruit cups,wrappers, beer cans that you find in some of the strangest places. All the usual stuff.

Welcome to public land hunting sir. All you can do is pick up cans when you find them, and try to get up earlier and go in farther than the knuckleheads.

And I am completely against shooting at unsuspecting game also. A quick "look out!!!" before I shoot is the norm for me, and I find it really levels the playing field. Good on you for being against the whole "being sneaky" thing also. That's for rookies.

LOL!!

While I do indeed expect hunters to follow the law and not drive quads off road or leave trash at campsites, I certainly see it all the time and it's very dissapointing. This post raises the issue and I am glad to see that but blaming all AZ hunters? really?

I pretty much always come home with more trash than I started with because it's my opinion that I should leave a place in better condition than I found it whenever possible. I hope a lot of you do the same because we can't completely control what others do but instead can control what we do to help the situation.

Thats right Amanda! In the Arizona Hunter Safety Course we are taught to leave it better than we found it. During last years scouting I humped two sleeping bags left behind over a mile back to my truck. NOT EVERY ARIZONA HUNTER IS A SLOB!!!!!!! DON'T LUMP US ALL TOGETHER, YOU JUST MIGHT GET LUMPS FROM SOME OF US THAT RESPECT THE LAND. your duty to the land is to report what you see and pick up what you can! I have filled the back of my toyoya with the trash of others. DON'T TRASH ALL HUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Wow! Friend Tradbowhunter next time you come over our fence to beat and bully on us. You better bring reinforcements!

I mean refreshments so we can all eat drink and be merry for tommorrow we're comin to your house! :D