javihammer

Need more green ones (good guys)....who will be next?

We have three new good guys to add to the green list tonight. Two awesome legislators and to round it out, we have the "Desert Rat" himself, Marshall MacFarlane. I have included a link to Marshall's comments and his GREAT letter disavowing HB 2072 and AZSFW. Thanks to all of you for taking a stand, the decision you made will have a lasting impact for you and wildlife.

There are some other green people that have come out but I haven't had time to validate them yet. Please stand by, there are more on deck.

Debbie McCune Davis - AZ legislator

Rich Crandall - AZ legislator

Marshall MacFarlane- Outdoor writer

http://www.skinnymoose.com/desertrat/2012/03/13/get-involved-hb2072-threatens-our-big-game-tags/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=get-involved-hb2072-threatens-our-big-game-tags#13316739397181&ifh=44

Ryan

Here is what Debbie McCune Davis had to say.

You are welcome. This bill is very bad for Arizona and we will continue to fight it until it goes away.

Debbie

Just spoke with Representative Justin Pierce who I attended elementary school with. He heard me out and wanted to know the history. I believe he understands our perspective and I believe we will have his support if this ever comes to a floor vote. He emphasized our need to stay on top of the committee members where this might be heard again.

nick, I just got off the phone with Justin pierce and he said I could quote him. he has serious issues with hb2072 as it exists.....I would say Justin is on our side.....if a strker comes up, he would most likely evaluate it, but hopefully look for some of the details that make the current bill so objectionable.....allen Taylor........good job nick........

Welcome to the green club...

Justin Pierce - AZ Legislator

Thanks Justin, we will remember you at election time and well into the future.

There seem to be a lot of good people in or from Yuma. Must be the water :)

Ryan

The Arizona Desert Bighorn Sheep Society has posted on their Facebook page that they have voted to OPPOSE HB 2072. Good Job ADBSS!

ADBS did the right thing. This is a painfull process, but one forced upon the hunters of this state. Thanks to groups that stand up..............Allen Taylor.............

add another

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HB2072

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ABA recently sent a letter out to its membership via email, asking for your position on the HB2072. The results from this survey showed overwhelming opposition with over 95% of members that replied were against HB2072 legislation.

In response to this the ABA board of directors has voted to oppose legislation known as HB2072. We encourage you to get involved by contacting your legislators and express your views and concerns on this issue.

Thank you for your support

Carl Schottel

ABA Chairman

carlschottel@gmail.com

Congrats to Rick Gray, another legislator that not only took the time to listen to our opinions on HB 2072 but also took the time to call a constituent back when he got the AZSFW tag cartel propoganda. Voters like politicians that take the extra steps to support our interests. Thank you Rick, you will not be forgotten at election time.

Ladies and gents, I present

Rick Gray - Arizona legislator and proponent of the people. Please send him a note or voice message letting him know you appreciate him.

Thanks Rick, hopefully our good guy club will share word of your green status throughout the cyber world. I am still working on the good guy/bad guy list, I promise that list will be propogated around the cyber world as well. That list will include busineses, wildlife orgs, and even politicians. It will be easy to read, just like the thread about "expos and auction tags are bad". I promise to take all the time need to make sure everyone that deserves the credit gets it, good or bad.

BTW - Has the Mohave Sportsmans Club, Antelope Association or Arizona Deer Association made any progress yet? They have been red since last week and I would like to see them graduate to at least yellow. They have to disavow the shady AZSFW/AZSFWC in order to get there, and that takes integrity.....lets cross our fingers that they find some. The game has just started for some of us, I cannot wait for the whistle to blow.

Ryan

After seeing the info about tonight's meeting and hearing about supporters calling the legislators I decided to make a few more calls today to Representatives and Senators. To say I was confused would be an understatement. I talked to a couple of people about HB2072 and any derivative of the bill looking for information on how they stood. This is where I got confused.

I was told that there was info sent to legislators showing that 17 member groups of AZSFW were in favor (supportive) of the bill. I look at the list of AZSFW members and then read back on my emails from some of those groups and threads on the internet that those groups posted letters and I see that many of the groups sent out info that they do not support the bill.

Do the leaders of these groups know that a lobbyist is at the capital telling legislators that they support the bill even though the board and members at large have voted to oppose the bill? Maybe we as members of those groups need to ask them to talk to the lobbyist and have her refrain from using the groups name or better yet write something to all the legislators that they in fact don't support the legislation. I have talked to some of the supporters that are using the 17 member group number and they keep telling me that no one used anyones name to bolster support. Maybe the info that these legislators had was wrong.

The other fact I can't wrap my head around is that the legislators have not even read the bill. The ones I talked to today had the AZSFW fact sheet in their hands when we were talking. They know that people have been calling in opposition and support but haven't taken the time to read the bill. They don't know the rest of the facts. The ones that AZSFW left out of their fact sheet.

Thanks go out to runningbird who took the time to hand deliver a truer fact sheet to all the legislators.

Then I heard that a group that I have dealt with in the past became a supporter of the concept of the bill. I called that group and asked if it was true. I was told by many of their board members that they did no such thing.

At this point I don't know who to trust anymore. I don't know who to support in the future. If by representing me you tell people that I support something when I don't, how can I trust you. Obviously I have become one of the sheeple that don't know what is good for me.

Steve (confused sheeple)

Can someone post a compiled list of organizations that are officially against HB2072? I would like to send an email to my legislator and would like to add the organizations that are against it.