Big Browns

CC Hits

I remember when we were all glad to have the draw moved earlier in the year so we could plan for our Antelope and Elk hunts much better. Now, we cant wait to get the word. I know we all get anxious, but as the "Regulations" state, they will be posted by the 20th of April. Anything earlier than that date is a "bonus" to us. There is nothing wrong with being anxious, but in no way should any blame be placed on the G&F until after the 20th of April. And, I dont see that happening.

Sun Devil,

Not picking any fight, but I respectfully disagree with you. Yes, another state has another system. Arizona has theirs. The problems seems to be that tags are still being applied to credit cards and some of those cards are being rejected. Whose fault is that? If we are looking for any blame in this scenario, it seems to be on the people who applied and have had their cards rejected after numerous attempts by G&F to charge the card for tags. Seems like due diligence by G&F to do it right the first time, and not jeopardize the entire draw for one reason or another. I am no apologist for G&F or any other government agency, but I am a realist.

Not sure we need to apply blame, but that is human nature when we expect instantaneous results in our current society. Remember, over 100,000 people applied. All of that inforamtion needs to be "cleaned" before a draw. The draw is complicated enough, we do not need to make it worse.

And yes, I want the results yesterday, but I understand how complex the system already is. Add in the fact that the transactions are being rejected for numerous reasons, each one valid in its own right I am sure.

After saying this, let's see the results already!!! :)

Well put!!!

Sun Devil,

Not picking any fight, but I respectfully disagree with you. Yes, another state has another system. Arizona has theirs. The problems seems to be that tags are still being applied to credit cards and some of those cards are being rejected. Whose fault is that? If we are looking for any blame in this scenario, it seems to be on the people who applied and have had their cards rejected after numerous attempts by G&F to charge the card for tags. Seems like due diligence by G&F to do it right the first time, and not jeopardize the entire draw for one reason or another. I am no apologist for G&F or any other government agency, but I am a realist.

Not sure we need to apply blame, but that is human nature when we expect instantaneous results in our current society. Remember, over 100,000 people applied. All of that inforamtion needs to be "cleaned" before a draw. The draw is complicated enough, we do not need to make it worse.

And yes, I want the results yesterday, but I understand how complex the system already is. Add in the fact that the transactions are being rejected for numerous reasons, each one valid in its own right I am sure.

After saying this, let's see the results already!!! :)

Doesn't all of the same things you mention above occur with the draw in UT?

Question on this new process. How does the G&F handle this scenario, someone misses their 1st choice by one number (50 tags and they are number 51) and then draw their 2nd choice, then someone in front of them for their 1st choice doesn't have funds when the G&F runs credit cards. does G&F pull back their tag for their 2nd choice and then issue them the tag for their 1st choice? now their tag for their 2nd choice is now available to someone else?

Question on this new process. How does the G&F handle this scenario, someone misses their 1st choice by one number (50 tags and they are number 51) and then draw their 2nd choice, then someone in front of them for their 1st choice doesn't have funds when the G&F runs credit cards. does G&F pull back their tag for their 2nd choice and then issue them the tag for their 1st choice? now their tag for their 2nd choice is now available to someone else?

I think I've worked for the govt enough to answer your question.

They did not have the foresight to envision this problem. Thus Friday at 5pm came they when home. They returned on Monday assuming "someone else" took care I'd the problem.

Who here remembers when you could call a special number and get your draw results for a fee? I miss thoughs days of calling the number for hours and even days just to get your results.

I would say they draw the 50 permits. And charge any credit cards that got drawn. If any of them come up denied they keep pulling numbers until everything is cleared and ready.

Shouldnt be any problems lol

Who here remembers when you could call a special number and get your draw results for a fee? I miss thoughs days of calling the number for hours and even days just to get your results.

I remember that.

We have so much to be thankful for whether you get a tag or not, it could be worse I guess, like....................................a bunch of people hanging you on a cross and crucifying you. (perspective)

• Like 1

I remember that.

We have so much to be thankful for whether you get a tag or not, it could be worse I guess, like....................................a bunch of people hanging you on a cross and crucifying you. (perspective)

<_<

I use to set my alarm for 3:00 am to call and the line would still be busy.

So...... anyone with any new hits? Since we are having to wait and news of folks getting hit again, I was hoping to see an antelope hit show up along with the elk tags.

I remember that.

AMEN TO THAT!

I doubt it i would think they would just go to whoever was next in line that did not draw a tag.... i would think they completed the draw then hit cards when cards got declined they had people lined up for each unit and started going through them.

I can see how they might do it that way but I do not think I agree with it. I am #51 and they give me my 2nd choice tag. then they run the cards and someone in front of me doesn't have funds. because I got my 2nd choice tag then they go to #52 who maybe didn't even put in a 2nd choice. that does not seem right to me.

@kennyazman,

You should be alright with your compramised card info on file. The reason I say that is I had a BofA card canceled for fraud and I forgot to call the people who auto debit my card to tell them of the new number (ie insurance, cable, student loan). After 13 months I called B of A to find out what the heck was going on and they told me even though the card was shut down with fraud if a company manually runs your card (ie. Keys it in) that the system wouuldnt decline it. They also said they had a few reps that would randomly work such accounts and transfer such charges over to new cards. Sooo that being said. Hopefully you get an elk tag and an antelope tag and don't have to pay for it for a year and a half!

Well that makes me feel better. Still doubtful ill get drawn though.