Big Browns

CC Hits

Read page 10 in the regs. Hunt permit tag fees will be charged after the drawing is completed and you are SUCCESSFUL in the draw. This eliminates the requirement to pay your tag fees in advance and/or issue a refund if you are not successful in the draw. Cost are identical to the papaer application process. No additional fees are charged for using the online application. The reason it is taking so long for the results to post is because of the people who applied online that were drawn and there cards were declined.

IMO fish and game has extra work in filling tags because of the people with declined cc. I like the paper apps better cuz I think less people put in, but the online is convenient cuz your not fronting all the money at once especially right after the holidays. Anyway we will know soon enough. I JUST WISH THEY WOULD HURRY SO I KNOW FOR SURE WHERE I'M HUNTN ELK THIS YEAR!!!!!!!

one positive for online is that it is not as easy to make mistakes. I know a guy that screwed up an elk app, lost his loyalty point then a couple years later he screwed up his turkey app.

I guess Cabelas does not have to worry about delivering apps to the right address when they can apply online.

one positive for online is that it is not as easy to make mistakes. I know a guy that screwed up an elk app, lost his loyalty point then a couple years later he screwed up his turkey app.

I guess Cabelas does not have to worry about delivering apps to the right address when they can apply online.

That sounds like whats been happening with my dad and I for the past few years. We are both Ken Bass I was born on December 26th '87, he was born December 28th '57 and used the same home address and our license numbers were always consecutive. For some reason we both kept getting rejected for applying twice. GFD swore it went by social or hunter id and not anything else. I fought it hard the first year because of the bonus point. Filled out paperwork and made enough phone calls for the "micro film" from somewhere back east and when it came in, I couldn't look at it. It happened for two or three years straight when ever we applied separate. This year we applied together and it appears we might have been drawn finally! But all those years of bonus points are gone.

Nobody forces anyone to use the online application or a credit card, if you want to apply the old fashioned way then so be it. I personally like the online application. Game and fish will have the results posted ON OR BEFORE APRIL 20TH just like they said. Sit back and enjoy it.

I have never understood why people are so quick to complain about AZGF when they haven't done a darn thing wrong? buncha crybabys!

IMO last thursday and Friday when most people had their CC's hit was the initial draw for 2012. With that said, I have a buddy who put a hold on his cc that thursday due to loosing it and then later re-opening it late that same day. Well the damage was already done in that 8 hour window, his bank told him that G&F had ran his card 3 times while his card was down for 114 dollars. He made some phone calls and was told he would be getting an answer from the director in a couple of days, he recieved that phone call two days ago. The answer he recieved was not good and was basically told to try again next year. With all that said, if my buddy just had that happend two days ago, Im betting he's not the only one and G&F are trying their best to fill all the last minute openings before they can post the results.

Everyone who has had thier cards hit and people who are just now getting hit, congrats!

Soon we will know what we got drawn for.

-Ryan

Nobody forces anyone to use the online application or a credit card, if you want to apply the old fashioned way then so be it. I personally like the online application. Game and fish will have the results posted ON OR BEFORE APRIL 20TH just like they said. Sit back and enjoy it.

I have never understood why people are so quick to complain about AZGF when they haven't done a darn thing wrong? buncha crybabys!

Well said :)

I wasn't trying to sound like a crybaby or take a stab at azgfd. I was just trying to point out that with the online system sometimes things happen with banks that we cannot control. I really wasn't expecting to get drawn since I had both elk and antelope last year but my chances were ended a little early because of something the bank had to do when my wifes card had some suspicious activity. Just sayin.

+1 on that you have a choice to use either paper or cc. I like the online its easy and you don't have to front the money. AZFG does a great job IMO and I am sure they are doing everything to fill open spots!! Like you said ON OR BEFORE APRIL 20th. My wife thinks I'm crazy when I get home from work its hi and straight to the computer to see if results are up!! The funny thing I already know I have a tag I just want to find out where & what season!!

@kennyazman,

You should be alright with your compramised card info on file. The reason I say that is I had a BofA card canceled for fraud and I forgot to call the people who auto debit my card to tell them of the new number (ie insurance, cable, student loan). After 13 months I called B of A to find out what the heck was going on and they told me even though the card was shut down with fraud if a company manually runs your card (ie. Keys it in) that the system wouuldnt decline it. They also said they had a few reps that would randomly work such accounts and transfer such charges over to new cards. Sooo that being said. Hopefully you get an elk tag and an antelope tag and don't have to pay for it for a year and a half!

Personally - I have heard to many horror stories about debit cards and we have made a decision in our household not to have them.

I also apply in UT. It seems to me that in that state, the G&F usually has results posted 3 - 4 days after people notice their credit card transactions. we are now over a week. to me, that does not reflect highly on one division of our state gov.

Sun Devil,

Not picking any fight, but I respectfully disagree with you. Yes, another state has another system. Arizona has theirs. The problems seems to be that tags are still being applied to credit cards and some of those cards are being rejected. Whose fault is that? If we are looking for any blame in this scenario, it seems to be on the people who applied and have had their cards rejected after numerous attempts by G&F to charge the card for tags. Seems like due diligence by G&F to do it right the first time, and not jeopardize the entire draw for one reason or another. I am no apologist for G&F or any other government agency, but I am a realist.

Not sure we need to apply blame, but that is human nature when we expect instantaneous results in our current society. Remember, over 100,000 people applied. All of that inforamtion needs to be "cleaned" before a draw. The draw is complicated enough, we do not need to make it worse.

And yes, I want the results yesterday, but I understand how complex the system already is. Add in the fact that the transactions are being rejected for numerous reasons, each one valid in its own right I am sure.

After saying this, let's see the results already!!! :)

• Like 1

SunDevil, dont forget that UT take like 3 months to post results. AZ only 6 weeks or so.