COOSEFAN

What's your best trophy or photo?

Those are some GREAT photos and memories guys, thanks for sharing. I remember that pic Ernesto posted and it still sends those "good" chills up my back! I always focus first on the more visible deer and then instinctively check the surroundings and "BOOM", "BIG BUCK"! That is so common when hunting Coues and that picture captures that characteristic about them perfectly! Very rarely is it a buck like that though, but usually more there than meets the eye!

I keep changing my mind on which trophy is my favorite. Having my dad on any hunt, successful or not, instantly makes it one of my favorites and I'm very fortunate to have quite a few. My favorite with him happened years ago when I was around 15 or 16 yrs old. We had 20B muzzy Mulie tags and being at the time, a "hard core" predator caller, I had a lion tag also. My dad and I came up over a ridge to glass into a bowl when we spotted a lion laying, back to us, facing the Bradshaws with the sun setting behind them. He was around 60 yrds below us and unaware and it looked like he was watching the sunset. There was a gold hue all around him from the sun and it was like a dream. We just stared in awe not even thinking about shooting when after about a minute he turned his head quickly to the side. There were 3 javalina working toward him and he, very fluid and fast, got up and almost "slithered" his way head on to the pigs. The pigs, two adults and a red, dropped into a small ravine and he jumped in after them, out of sight from us. This is when we realized we missed an opportunity to shoot and we just stood there listening to the growls and snarls and squeals. A few seconds later the cat came up out of the ravine walking slowly and constantly looking back at the pigs that were woofing and following right behind him with the little red squealing and staying between the adults. Those pigs walked that cat right to me! I shot him at 7 yrds and as the smoke cleared we just stood there in disbelief as he lay there motionless in front of that sunset! He was a young tom and obviously got his butt kicked by the pigs but it provided my dad and I a hunt we'll never forget!

We had a long hike out and didn't take pictures until the following morning in the front yard, I actually had my school clothes on under my camo's in this pic! Thanks, JIM

1stcat.jpg

Sorry more than one just a couple that mean something special, more than the actual quality of the picture.

9-2-04004crop.jpg

100_1595.jpg

Couesdeerskylinepack.jpg

Man, Those are some great pictures. We sure spend alot of time out in the field chasing these animals around. One of these days, hopefully this fall, I am going to shoot me a nice bear or even a lion. David

Dsc08859.jpg

I had alot of fun shooting this little guy a couple years ago. I have shot a bunched of these pigs, but it seems like I have even more fun each time.

Dsc09521.jpg

Of course this big boy is my favorite. If he only knew I was going to be chasing him down in a couple more weeks after I took this picture. :)

Dsc09601.jpg

His final resting place. You can see in this pic where the arrow entered just behind the last rib quartering away from me, and entered into his heart and right lung. Died within forty yards and a couple minutes.

Dsc09622.jpg

I am very proud of this bull. I can't wait to get him up on my wall.

Im having problems posting my pics because it says the file is to large and i do not know how to resize it, i'd appreciate if anybody would like to do it for me or let me know how to do it. Thanks

Im having problems posting my pics because it says the file is to large and i do not know how to resize it, i'd appreciate if anybody would like to do it for me or let me know how to do it. Thanks

Goto photobucket.com and download them there and then you can post the image here. Its real easy once you try it. David

These are my favorite two and my favorite animal that i have harvested. 87 and 2/8ths.

f6ca1b6f.jpg

f5094847.jpg

Here is a couple of pictures of the bull i took in September. He isn't the big bull I was after but I am more than happy to have taken him after we worked our butts off for him. He netted at 299 2/8 P&Y, he missed 300 by half an inch, and also a picture of my only coues buck. Thanks for the advice azhuntnut.

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j111/mon...220/Joe_001.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j111/montano_6220/bull.jpg

299 4/8, sorry for the mistake my a read it an figured the math didnt match up.

post-854-1147222183.jpg

Great pics and stories all. Keep em comin :)

These are just what I need while waiting for the draw results.

Here's a pic of my favorite mount. AZ. 2004100_0688.jpg

To me, the animal deserves all the credit in this deal for having such fantastic headgear and being such a magnificent representation of his kind. These bucks have been seen here before, but not by the newcomers to this forum. These bucks lived on public land. C'mon boys and girls......post some pics of your beautiful Coues bucks!

1999UtahGoat1.jpg

2000ColoBuck1.jpg

WY96Buck1.jpg

Geez Bret........did them harmless mallards and that innocent, beautiful big bull elk do anything to you to deserve what you did to them? Holy cow, you oughtta be ashamed of yourself............

Here is my best trophy animal, a 92" archery coues deer.

briancouesdeer.jpg

I was talking about this topic to my wife and she got a little upset at my choices for my favorite photo! I sort of forgot about this one because it's not hunting related but it is one of my favorites. I took her for a ride on our Mules to the top of the Whitetank Mtns. a little over a year ago, and asked her to marry me about 30 minutes after this photo was taken. It was an overcast day and slightly sprinkling making an awesome time to be ridin' the mules and gettin' hitched! :unsure:

These are my girls, from left to right: Katie, Alicia, Me, and Gracie. Check out them ears!

scan0017.jpg

COOSEFAN,

Love that photo! Gotta love the inquisitive looks on the faces of your ridin' mules! Never seen mules act like they cared, even when they did. Good luck.