COOSEFAN

What's your best trophy or photo?

Thought this would be a good topic to get some more photos to look at in the off-season.

My personal best trophy is this archery Antelope I harvested spot-n-stalk, it was a life-long dream of mine to harvest an archery Antelope spot-n-stalk style, and came true two years ago.

ARCHERYANT.jpg

My second best, and also a life-long goal, was this archery bear. It was spot-n-stalk as well and is also my favorite kill photo. Can't wait to see some more pic's, thanks, JIM.

SCBEAR.jpg

Hey Jim- Great idea!

Here's my 2004 Archery spot and stalk Pope and Young Bull- First Kill with a bow and will never forget the experience. Got him on the 10th day of my hunt (Sunday) morning. Took all day to get him out. Went straight from the field to work at 7am. Still had blood under my fingernails at work- Monday morning. Euphoric day at the office ;)

AzP&Y

Doug

post-898-1146961104.jpg

Well, it's not my best trophy by far but only field pics since I got a digital camera.

2006yote.jpg

Great idea Jim. I actually have two it's really hard for me to pick which one is better. The first is my desertsheep that makes B&C. The second is of course a coues that gross scores 118 6/8 and picture's dont do this buck jusctice. Hope you all like.

P1010139.jpg

P1010136.jpg

post-162-1146973842.jpgSheep, i saw that buck i believe in western optics hunter wasnt it? didnt your compa score on a big one also?

wow this is such a tough one for me!

my first deer (84" gross) is right there and i honestly dont know if that can ever be replaced but i might never harvest another mountain lion in my life.

i think that if i had to chooes one of them two, it would be my mountain lion. not only because of the fact it was the first one i ever saw, but because of the story behind it. the fact that i used my grandpas rifle, and that i know that he was helping me and watching me from up above. i will never forget a few things about that hunt; how close i was to that cat before i shot seeing the cat having no idea i was there, looking down the canyon, my grandpa being "there" with me, how excited i was when i made the shot... and Ernesto, the fact that it was my first one shot kill on a big game animal ;)

however, my first coues is extremly hard to replace. i had hunted deer for 6 years with outh ever firing a shot. the fact that it was a last day buck, it was the biggest whitetail i had seen at the time ( i have only seen two bigger even now) and it looks awesome on the wall of my house :lol:

when i go back, and read the story, it gives me the chills!

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/hunt_stories..._first_buck.htm the picutre is very poor, but i somewhere posted pictures of my mount, i will try and find them.

by the way, awesome topic!

Guest Ernesto C

Niiiiiiiiice very nice my fellow members........................and here is a picture of a trophy I'm going to get this season......he's still roaming the hills and is biger now

post-84-1146974357.jpg

I would consider my Chamois to be my best trophy so far because I almost took a LONG dirt nap during that hunt.. Not the best of pics because of it was raining the entire time we took the pics.. That trophy means a lot to me...

scottschamois.jpg

And I consider this to be my best photo so far of any of my critters.. It is the pic of my pronghorn from last year.. .. I think the pic came out pretty good..

better27.jpg

This is probably my best trophy. A coues taken with a muzzleloader that grosses 109 6/8. Imagine if he had been symmetrical.

403177.JPG

And one of my favorite photos that I took while digiscoping.

403178.JPG

One of my favs is a candid shot my buddy took while I was admiring my buck. The beauty of these deer never ceases to amaze me.

05Buck020.jpg

My favorite photo and best trophy are both the same because of the fact that my dad was there with me and he actually took the pictures. The bull was not the biggest that I have taken but with the memories of the hunt it will always be my best trophy.HPIM0608.jpg

Here is one of my favorite trophy photos. I love it because my dog Molly is in it. She is a hunter at heart and loves it when I bring home something. She usually runs to the back of the jeep to sniff for whatever might be inside :)

My husband set up this photo and took it. I got this gobbler on the San Carlos back in 1999. If I remember right it was a very windy day and I had to call VERY loud to even be heard.

spring%20turk,%20bloody%20basin%2099%20-2.JPG

Amanda