mulie hunter

Credit card Issue in draw equals no Elk tag!

This is what we saw on results page:

SpeciesHunt No.Season DatesOpen AreasPermit No.ResultReject DescriptionBULL ELK03134Sep 14 - Sep 27, 2012UNIT 8 ARCHERY ONLYREJECTRejectedCREDIT CARD DISHONORED

We knew there was money in the account to cover charges for the elk tags, so we were puzzled why it was dishonored! So Chase bank was called and asked why they denied the charges, here's what Chase bank said: On 3/29/2012 and 3/30/2012 Game and Fish attempted to charge the card but the wrong expiration date was used on both attempts, so the card was denied! Chase bank also stated there were sufficent funds to cover the charges, but with the wrong expiration date they could not approve the charges. This is the same card that was used when we filled out application and the charges went through for that, so I know we entered the right date on the application.

So I believe it is quite possible Game and fish made a error when they input the card info to charge the tags! But I guess I'm crying over spilt milk,nothing can be done now! Just wanted to vent!

• Like 1

This is what we saw on results page:

SpeciesHunt No.Season DatesOpen AreasPermit No.ResultReject DescriptionBULL ELK03134Sep 14 - Sep 27, 2012UNIT 8 ARCHERY ONLYREJECTRejectedCREDIT CARD DISHONORED

We knew there was money in the account to cover charges for the elk tags, so we were puzzled why it was dishonored! So Chase bank was called and asked why they denied the charges, here's what Chase bank said: On 3/29/2012 and 3/30/2012 Game and Fish attempted to charge the card but the wrong expiration date was used on both attempts, so the card was denied! Chase bank also stated there were sufficent funds to cover the charges, but with the wrong expiration date they could not approve the charges. This is the same card that was used when we filled out application and the charges went through for that, so I know we entered the right date on the application.

So I believe it is quite possible Game and fish made a error when they input the card info to charge the tags! But I guess I'm crying over spilt milk,nothing can be done now! Just wanted to vent!

First, are you sure it's the exact same card? When your expiration date hits, you get a new card in the mail with the SAME number and a different date. So, even though the card number worked at application, it may not work on the draw.

Second, I'm willing to bet that the Game and Fish system simply takes the data that you yourself enter into the online database when it enters the card. I can't see them having some poor sap take information that is available digitally and then enter it all by hand. I could be wrong on that, but I doubt it. So, is it possible that you entered the wrong date on the application? If so, it may not have raised a red flag for the bank when the charge was under $20. Different story when you're talking hundreds of dollars.

Third, was a it a DEBIT card or a credit card? If it was a debit card, then the amount charged would DEFINITELY impact how the bank treats a mis-typed expiration date. Never use a debit card on the draw. Never. Banks are hyper vigilant when it comes to online debit card purchases.

• Like 1

The exact same thing happened to my dad a few yrs ago the last time they did the online draw. He had entered the wrong expiration date when he applied, the app went thru and so did the app fee since it was such a low $ amount. Results were posted, showed him as drawn and a few days later the results showed that his card was rejected somethin just like yours did. Like mulie hunter said its a differnt story over $7 and something over $100. My dad called and spoke to someone and explained all this and they gave him a tag. Sounds like theyre being a little more strict on all this this year but worth a shot.

Its the same credit card we used to fill out the application with. The issue is that the Expiration date on the card is 7/14, when attempt to charge card was processed by Chase,Chase bank recieved card info with 6/14 as expiration date so charges were denied on 3/29and 3/30. I Spoke with game and fish today, they have correct card info with correct expiration date on file, 7/14. So they are not sure why or how the expiration date was changed to 6/14. My next step is to get a print out from Chase showing that the Card info was sent by Game and fish to Chase with wrong expiration date.

Its the same credit card we used to fill out the application with. The issue is that the Expiration date on the card is 7/14, when attempt to charge card was processed by Chase,Chase bank recieved card info with 6/14 as expiration date so charges were denied on 3/29and 3/30. I Spoke with game and fish today, they have correct card info with correct expiration date on file, 7/14. So they are not sure why or how the expiration date was changed to 6/14. My next step is to get a print out from Chase showing that the Card info was sent by Game and fish to Chase with wrong expiration date.

Sounds like somebody owes you a tag!!

Ron

What tag were you going for? Get the early bull if you have a choice? ;)

A friend of mine got denied on the Cabelas flub. I guess a bunch of cards were compromised no fault of my friend and he got ripped as they cancelled his card the day before the draw. G&F would not let him fix it in the middle of the draw. I have heard they are considering making most of them good, though. His choice he got was 6A Antlerless so I think they could easily give him that one but we shall see?

I think you have an excellent case. Let us know what happens.

Sounds like you were handed a really crummy deal on this, mulie hunter. AZGFD needs to make it right by, at minimum, squaring your bonus points situation. I guess it would depend on how many people got screwed to determine whether they could hand out 'make good tags'. As appealing as it is to hold funds, see charges that equal a draw and the (IMHO) easier app process by filing online, it might be more failsafe to use the old paper app. Of course, there could be (and probably are) screw ups by AZGFD on those, too.

Best of luck getting it cleared up positively and keep us up to date.

We got the info from the bank. Showing game and fish entered wrong expiration date! Next step is taking the letter to game and fish. Wish us luck and say a prayer.

We got the info from the bank. Showing game and fish entered wrong expiration date! Next step is taking the letter to game and fish. Wish us luck and say a prayer.

:blink: :blink: :blink: Sounds like you've got a pretty strong case. I don't understand how CC info that's entered when the application process begins isn't just stored and run again, rather than entered manually for the process of a tag. Seems redundant and destined for a mistake (obviously). What was your first and second choices??

Unit 8 archery early bull and unit 8 cow

You think you were in the max points for the bull tag? Otherwise, issuing a couple of "extra" cow tags might be the BEST outcome for the G and F