Sign in to follow this  
azhuntnut

Antelope pedistal finished

I recently completed my antelope pedistal from my 2011 archery season. The taxidermy work was done by TR Taxidermy in Flagstaff. During the mounting phase, I had him insert a tube inside of the mount so it would allow me to spin it on the pedistal to whatever position I wanted. Now I really was hoping to tackle the pedistal on my own, but soon realized I was in over my head. So I got a hold of Tracy (Gr8 White Jr) here on the site and we put our heads together and came up with an idea. I found the wood in the forest outside of Flagstaff and thought it would look great. Tracy puts his professional skills to work and was able to put everything together without showing any cut marks on the aged wood. I wanted it to look like it was built 100 years ago with no machines. We spent 12 hours working on it, but 2 of those were telling huntin stories. It weighed about 130lbs when we finished. Thanks again Tracy.

I decided to take a crack at building the habitat on my own. This was my first attempt at building a habitat and I really enjoyed it. It is alot harder than it looks, and now I see why taxidermists take a while to get mounts finished. I put at least 6 hours into making it look like the habitat where I shot my antelope near Flagstaff. I am very happy with the way it turned out. David

Here are some pics from the Arizona Bowhunters Association Banquet this past Saturday.

DSCN8742.jpg

DSCN8744.jpg

DSCN8745.jpg