Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Forum upgrade coming soon

Hey All,

I will be upgrading to the latest version of software for this forum soon. The new software won't likely work with the current skin (the skin is the template that creates the colors and graphics in the forum). So I will likely have to change the forum skin and I just wanted to give you all a heads-up so you don't panic! :)

The forum upgrade is necessary to stop all the crazy amounts of spammers that are creating accounts and posting lately. The new upgrade also comes with improved speed and ease of use so I hope it will make a better forum experience for everyone. But please be patient as I figure out the skin and options and such. Right now it looks like I won't be able to keep the current design that seems to be the skin that everyone likes best, so you might just have to live with a different look for awhile.

Thanks for the heads up Amanda and thanks for working so hard on maintaining such a great site!

Any hope for tap-a-talk support? Makes managing online forums and notifications really simple for users, and may allow for more members when the use the app to search.

Glad to know it's coming. The current format is very comfortable - but I understand that change is inevitable.

You have done a awesome job with the site! Looking forward to the improvements!

Thanks for the notice and I am sure that whatever the changes are we will make due, after all it is the people and content of the website that has me coming back.

By the way, thanks to everyone for taking the time to report those spammers...I appreciate it.

Bass, I don't see a need for tapatalk....don't you find the mobile skin works well for this forum for you? Last time it was discussed in the forum it seemed no one was interested in something they have to pay for when the mobile app is free.

I was just wondering is all Amanda. I have the app and enjoy its user interface to check on PMs and the like quickly, but if there no user interest then there is really no point than is there! Thanks for all you do!

I hope the new look is as easy to navigate as the present one. I especially like its "view new content" feature. I stopped visiting africahunting.com when it lost that feature. monstermuleys.com and 24hourcampfire.com never had it, so my visits there are few and far between.

Bill Quimby

Yes, the new forum will have View New Content. In fact it will be one of the improved features that will make it easier to find new content at different levels. For example, you can select to find new content since your last visit, or new content in last 24 hrs, or in the last week, or past month or past 6 months, etc. You will even be able to select new content only based on discussions you have participated in already or items that you select to follow. I hope you will find it easy to navigate Bill. And if anyone has any trouble you can always call or email or post questions about it. As with all new things it may take a little while to figure it out.