Evan

Card got hit today!

If you do not get drawn, how long until you find out what leftover tags are going to be left

The list of leftovers should be up the same time results are posted.

This is why it is taking so long... They are giving card denials multiple chances to get accepted rather than just taking the first denial and moving on... To retry a card denial they are probably waiting until the next day to see if they can get an authorization...

"If a credit card is denied by a card issuer, multiple attempts are made to get authorization to charge it. When the credit card transaction denial is finalized, Game and Fish personnel must then determine who was next in line to get that hunt-permit tag, and then process that person’s credit information as well. In some cases, it might take multiple iterations to finalize the process on a single tag."

http://azgfd.net/artman/publish/NewsMedia/Credit-card-processing-holding-up-fall-draw-notifications.shtml

Thanks to AZHuntingAddict for that link in another post, didn't want you to think I stole your research :)

• Like 1

PHOENIX – Arizona Game and Fish officials are asking hunters to be patient for the fall hunt drawing results because it takes time to process thousands of credit card transactions.

“The computer lottery-portion of the draw process has been completed, but until all credit card transactions are processed, the draw process is not complete and we cannot post who is getting a hunt permit tag,” explained Jim Paxon, chief information officer for Game and Fish.

That’s one of the reasons Game and Fish asked prospective hunters earlier this month to make sure their credit cards are up to date.

Here’s how it works.

Once the computer determines someone has been drawn, then the credit card information is submitted. But the process doesn’t end there.

If a credit card is denied by a card issuer, multiple attempts are made to get authorization to charge it. When the credit card transaction denial is finalized, Game and Fish personnel must then determine who was next in line to get that hunt-permit tag, and then process that person’s credit information as well. In some cases, it might take multiple iterations to finalize the process on a single tag.

“With more than 130,000 applicants this year for the fall draw, it’s just taking time to go through the process,” Paxon said. “If there were a way to speed up the process, we would be doing it.”

With any luck it is possible that the draw results posting will become available by the end of July.

“If for some reason the process takes longer, we’ll do our best to get the word out to all of you,” Paxon said."

They post the leftovers right after they realease draw or at same time I think, been a while since I've looked at them. Then first come first serve at the date they set.

So according to game and fish the lottery is all done and all cards etc have been hit, its just a process of having the funds post and they will release the actual results? Did anyone else read that on the game and fish website?

Hit for deer. With an antelope tag and a Coues tag, maybe this is the year I obliterate the Curse :-)

Apparently, there has been a mistake. I think they need to redo the entire draw process, I still do not have a charge on my CC for sheep. G&F needs to redo everything. ;)

• Like 1