Sign in to follow this  
Outdoor Writer

Belated Coues Deer Pair

I recently picked up this mount of two Coues I had killed several years ago but had not mounted until now. The one on the left came from Sonora and is on the back cover of the Coues deer book. The other is from 36B.

post-82-0-25073300-1342890445.jpg

post-82-0-61514100-1342890446_thumb.jpg

The mount was meant to be a mate to the two Texas whitetails Chris Krueger had done for me a while back. He matched them up pretty well.This pic is both side by side. Although the dimensions are a bit distorted, the height and width of both are about the same. I still need to build pedestals for them.

post-82-0-45929800-1342890517_thumb.jpg

Very cool. That 36b buck looks like he was a youngin' who was gonna be a toad with that neat antler configuration.

Those look great Tony. Thanks for sharing.

TJ

Awesome mounts

Very cool. That 36b buck looks like he was a youngin' who was gonna be a toad with that neat antler configuration.

Yeah, I like them youngin's because they eat good. Besides, if I didn't shoot him, you might have had a chance at him when he became a toad and promptly shot off an antler. :rolleyes:

Krueger is a great taxidermist. I love his work. I just wish I could continue to afford him. Nice looking mounts.

Indeed. If I get my sheep in Dec., he'll be doing a lifesize mount for me. He also did these for me last year.

post-82-0-44396400-1342914600.jpg

post-82-0-92865700-1342914751.jpg

+1

Great looking mounts