vegasjeep

2012 Weight loss thread

Looks like I am not alone. I have been right at 195 for most of my adult life but the last few years I got up to close to 220. I have really felt it in my knees. At 45 it is harder getting around the mountains than it used to be. I cut out soda (mt dew) a few months ago and almost instantly dropped 10 back off. I am actually just starting to go to the LA Fitness on Signal Butte and Baseline. Speedygoss, I think this is the one that you are going to.

Looks like I am not alone. I have been right at 195 for most of my adult life but the last few years I got up to close to 220. I have really felt it in my knees. At 45 it is harder getting around the mountains than it used to be. I cut out soda (mt dew) a few months ago and almost instantly dropped 10 back off. I am actually just starting to go to the LA Fitness on Signal Butte and Baseline. Speedygoss, I think this is the one that you are going to.

AZ Bowhntr, yes I am at the one on Signal Butte and Baseline. I jump on and off the forum during the day when taking a break at work. Sometimes I get ahead of myself typing fast...I live at Signal Butte and Elliot and go to the gym at Signal Butte and Baseline. Lol. I'm usually there when they open @ 5am but recently have been going in the evenings.

I am also working to shed a few pounds again. Two years ago, I dropped from 292 to 240 (I am 6'2") in preparation of my antelope hunt. The hunt lasted for about two hours. Once I had my goat, I lost my motivation and the weight grew back to 295. Once again I am loosing weight and am back down to 280.

Back issues prevent me from jogging, but am able to do most all other exercise. I don't really have any excuses, just eat too much and exercise too little. Every time I hike, my knees beg me to lose weight. I would love to be about 230 pounds.

It is awesome to hear about hunters wanting to get in shape to continue and become better hunters! 85% of hunters are overweight, so changing your life style to not be a statistic is a great thing! My girlfriend and I have a company called "Be The Predator" we focus on nutrition and personal training for hunters. You can check us out on facebook at www.facebook.com/BTPFitness give us a like and follow our nutrition and workouts of the day.

Jake Rush

Last year, I was at the heaviest I have ever been at 267. Went on the Dukan Diet and lost about 35 pounds and then my wife went into the hospital. Hard to eat healthy when you're eating at the hospital cafeteria twice a day. Then she got out close to Thanksgiving. I had fallen off the wagon big time and the holidays didn't help. Gained about 20 pounds back. Started in the spring to get back on track. Now I'm back down about 25 from the original 267. Antelope tag has been motivation. Goal is to be at 200 or so. 3 hours of commuting a day makes exercise tough but I try and keep at it. Arthritis, bad knees, etc. aids in demotivation as well, but I know it will improve as weight comes off. Except when I cheat now and then - I'm almost eating no fat and no sugar. Lots of lean protein and veggies.

jlg - I have heard great things about MediFast, but it's pretty pricey, isn't it?

yup ..... 240 5'10" ... gotta get back to the gym and quit drinkin so much soda. Beer is ok just not mad quantities and dont eat fried food with it :D

Need to get back down 190 before November

• Like 1

knee failed on independence day 2011. up 60lbs by the time i got it replaced in january even with pedalling 40-50(stationary)miles a day. back to work in february, then hornhuntin' and softball in march but...still 50lbs up on independence day 2012. 2012 can't be as bad as 2011-i should have donated that '11 bull tag.

lee

ps free walker and crutches available-f.o.b. show low

Marshall, it runs about $330 a month. This time around, I caught a break, had a friend that tried it, didn't like it and my first month came from him. I ordered one month on my own and will order another one. That should get me to my weight loss goal, after that its a matter of discipline, healthy eating and excercise to keep at the 180 number I want.

I will be 51 this year and I have never suffered any serious injuries. I love my hunting and I love the way I hunt, so to keep doing it, I have to be in good physical condition, that will take work on my part and the realization that if I want to continue doing this, I need to work at it for the rest of my days.

I loved how I felt and how my 2010 season went, my body held up well. Take Care, JLG.

• Like 1

Working on dropping weight myself this year, was out of work last year and bulked back up to over 270. Then when I first started my job in the oil fields in Alaska this winter it was tough to drop pounds because I had a hard time resisting the hight calorie foods and deserts after being out in the coldest winter on record with temps reaching -95*. But on my last hitch I chose the smart meals and stayed away from the cookie and pastry cabinet, plus started hitting the gym for 3-4 miles most nights and lost over 10 lbs over the 3 week hitch. Down to approximately 255 and hope to be down to the 230s by my November hunt, and hopefully maintaiing 220 or less by next years hunts.

Wish everyone good luck on reaching thier goals.

Wow, amazing. I thought it was just me and everyone else here were fit as fiddles.

Desk job and 45 years old have combined me to 260 and slowly going down now. I bought an eliptical and really like it. Doesnt hurt my body to use it, would recomend it for sure. Low impact on the joints and back. My daughter is helping to push me which is making a difference. It is funny how you look at the charts that give your ideal weight and wonder where those numbers came from. My ideal weight is 180, at 6'2" that would be skeletal! Will be very happy with 220 and the back will too I think. Funny how hitting the 40 mark changed everything. Nothing is easy anymore.

Good luck everyone!

"Funny how hitting the 40 mark changed everything. Nothing is easy anymore"

Brother, I am a little older than you and couldn't agree with you more. RA sucks, need glasses to read, cholestrol (was always genetically high) went off the charts, could never gain weight when I wanted to and now I can't stop. My dad was right when he warned me that my time would come when I turned 40.

Lee

Brother, I am a little older than you and couldn't agree with you more. RA sucks, need glasses to read, cholestrol (was always genetically high) went off the charts, could never gain weight when I wanted to and now I can't stop. My dad was right when he warned me that my time would come when I turned 40.

Lee

How true that is. When I was growing up, I was skinny as a rail. Couldn't gain weight for nothin. But once I got close to 40........POOF.!

42 yrs old, 6'0" tall and 272lbs was just too much. I started Medifast in April and as of my weekly weigh in on Tuesday of this week was at 227. It's a combination of the meal program and the gym for me, but I am looking forward to feeling better on my upcoming scouting trips, though I never let the extra lb's stop me before lol.

Good luck to everyone fighting this battle... it has been a struggle for me my whole adult life. I, for one, am refusing to give up - couldn't care less how many times I fail or falter, what is important is to make the next good decision so I can watch my kids have kids and hang around my wife for a good long time.

Anybody interested in doing weekly weigh ins? Nothing official, just current weight, total loss, and weekly loss. Post each weekend and encourage each other...sure seems to be a lot of us trying to drop a few pounds. I could always use weekly motivation.

Wow. I'm 45 and I say it all the time.... I've had more stuff wrong with me since I hit 40, than I did the first forty years of my life. Can't remember the last time I got out of bed and something didn't ache. In all honesty, 50, 60 and beyond scare the heck out of me...