Sign in to follow this  
DBArcher

another cam gone

Just a little vent session, went out to 21 this morning to check my cams, been out since may but I have been checking them every two weeks. Drove in today, walked to the opposite side of the pond and that cam is gone, lock box and all. I have two other cams in the area and when I go to check them, both sd cards are gone. Gotta love it, im a little peaved but I guess its whatever. The only other thing that bugs me is there is now a ground blind on said pond, wasnt there two weeks ago. Would like to know if you have a cam on the tank and if you got pics of anyone carryin a lock box. I know its a lost cause, just a little(a lot) pissed off. Thanks for letting me vent. Daniel ps the cam and pond are in north 21.

• Like 1

That sucks. I'm a lil worried about mine. hope they are still there. I would be pissed to if mine were gone. I see cameras all the time and I never touch them. I don't want that carma on me. sucks for your lost. this week needs to hurry up so I can get out there and make sure my babies are ok :)

• Like 1

That sucks man is that a pretty common spot?

Just a little vent session, went out to 21 this morning to check my cams, been out since may but I have been checking them every two weeks. Drove in today, walked to the opposite side of the pond and that cam is gone, lock box and all. I have two other cams in the area and when I go to check them, both sd cards are gone. Gotta love it, im a little peaved but I guess its whatever. The only other thing that bugs me is there is now a ground blind on said pond, wasnt there two weeks ago. Would like to know if you have a cam on the tank and if you got pics of anyone carryin a lock box. I know its a lost cause, just a little(a lot) pissed off. Thanks for letting me vent. Daniel ps the cam and pond are in north 21.

Did they whack the tree down or cut your box?

Thieves suck!

My wife has a Coues hunt up there..... I was gonna move my cams up there after archery.... seen some big bucks last year.

I hope they get four flat tires and have to walk in the 108 deg. and pass out and the buzzards pick them apart like an elk calf stuck on a fence!

James

I just purchased a LoJack system and will be modifying a camera for it to fit into ( it's about the size of a deck of cards). I'll let you all know what happens

I just purchased a LoJack system and will be modifying a camera for it to fit into ( it's about the size of a deck of cards). I'll let you all know what happens

This is an idea i can get behind. Im exited to see the results.

Theives are scum. Hunters stealing from other hunters are the worst kind of scum. Sorry to hear about the loss.

If you need a case for a cam my dad elkhunter1 can make you one

Lojack is not all it is cracked up to be. I had a $100,000.00 tractor that we installed it on. We used the tractor to mow the roadsides for ADOT. Anyways the tractor was stolen, and never found! Basically the Lojack company told us that unless a law enforcement vehicle that is equipped with a Lojack recovery system gets within 400yds of the tractor, they will not be able to find it. I then asked Lojack how many law enforcement vehicles in Arizona are equipped with Lojack, and their reply was about 25%. I was blown away! We payed good money for the Lojack system and basically it was worthless. Luckily we had insurance on the tractor, and Lojack payed the deductible... The tractor has never been found and to this date it is 4 years...

Lojack is not all it is cracked up to be. I had a $100,000.00 tractor that we installed it on. We used the tractor to mow the roadsides for ADOT. Anyways the tractor was stolen, and never found! Basically the Lojack company told us that unless a law enforcement vehicle that is equipped with a Lojack recovery system gets within 400yds of the tractor, they will not be able to find it. I then asked Lojack how many law enforcement vehicles in Arizona are equipped with Lojack, and their reply was about 25%. I was blown away! We payed good money for the Lojack system and basically it was worthless. Luckily we had insurance on the tractor, and Lojack payed the deductible... The tractor has never been found and to this date it is 4 years...

That is crazy stuff right there..............a stolen tractor of all things.....disgusting..........

I'd say its on about a 1/3 of the patrol vehicles but that is only city. I do not know if highway patrol is equipt with them. I would venture to say less than 400 yards is the effective pickup range.

No offense but putting a lo-jack system (as is) is basically worthless especially for game cameras unless you have the receptor, have the sytems constantly activated and stay close to the camera. You would be better off putting in your iphone and picking up the gps signal from a desktop computer.

It would be funny though to see a swarm of patrol cars converge on a home thinking there is a stolen vehicle in it only to find a trail camera that a theif picked up.