Sign in to follow this  
bowsniper

Another first archery goat

Finally, with 15 bonus points, I drew the archery goat tag. bowhunter4life and I drew tags together and spent almost every weekend scouting 19a. Mike scored the first day, the closest I got was about 200 yards.

But what a view I had. For several hours, I watched a heard of about 50 does and 10 smaller bucks party. A buck would chase a doe for a few minutes full speed, kicking up dust and grass. When that buck got tired, another buck would pick her up for a chase. Finally, the doe would drop, and they would start in on a new doe.

The second day I hunted the same area, but the party was over and most of the lopes had moved on. I was sitting a small water hole and passed 4 or 5 smaller bucks. Late in the day, I saw this buck running into the water hole. I barley had time to close the blind windows and pick up my bow when he stopped at 30 yards. I said a prayer for a clean shot, and the Lord guided my arrow straight. He piled up in 75 yards.

I can't wait for my next tag!!!

Thanks for reading,

Mark

post-426-0-62017800-1345655237_thumb.jpg

Huge congrats! 15 points, Ouch! Hopefully you will get your next tag sooner!

congrats

Congratulation on a great accomplishment!! You definitely earned that one with a 15 year wait.