Thegrayghost

Another Year Another Bear

Last Year if any of you recall I harvested my first animal ( a Bear) with a bow. This Year I wanted my brother to give it a try. He brought a friend with who also had a tag. to make a long story short we sat water friday and saturday all day long. I have been getting alot of bears on camara but nothing came in either of those days. At the end of the day saturday around 6pm we heard a rock turn over and tumble down the mountain. I called for an hour but nothing came in. My brother wanted to check it out so we did and he liked the area so much he decided he would hunt it in the morning using a call and his friend will sit the water. 6am sunday morning we reach our destination, my brother in the "new" area, and his friend and I at the water. as soon as my brother gets there he started to call, and continued till 7am... meanwhile his friend fell asleep in the blind. at 7:15ish he wakes up to something rubbing behind his ear. In total shock and disbelieve there was a bear right behind him sniffing his ear. I didnt move a muscle and he rached for the bow. The bear was actually inside the blind with us and it saw him move. the bear got scared and jumped out of the blind 5 feet in front of us. My friend got scared and feel backwords startling the bear to run behind us 15 yards. those would be the last few steps he took before the arrow passed through. he went 40 yards and expired shortly after that. Although my brother didn;t get a bear i was happy someone did. We'll see what this weekend has in store for him.

post-5570-0-58961200-1346460814.jpg

Crazy story, but cool. I've had the old rock roll above me while sitting water before...it is an adrenaline rush. Nice color bear.

Awesome. That woulda scared the daylights out of most! I like the orange color on the neck/back or is it just the way the light is hitting it?

Holy crap for sure. Hope the mess wasn't to bad cleaning up. Congratulations and what a story.

TJ

Awesome. That woulda scared the daylights out of most! I like the orange color on the neck/back or is it just the way the light is hitting it?

He has an orange mohawk down his back. we nick named him Rufio :D

He has an orange mohawk down his back. we nick named him Rufio :D

RU - FI- OOOOOO! haha, that's awesome. Congrats to your friend on keeping enough composure to make it happen and thanks for sharing it with us.